Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: i need some information about me buying a new hand gun on Friday ,

Quote Originally Posted by William Blake View Post
    Knows the fees. Uses the word "dealer". Either this post is a troll, or it looks like josh shapiro has joined PAFOA.
    Not sure why this post would be a troll. He is asking a question all of us did not know the true/ complete answer to at one time or another. Seems like a perfectly legit question to me.

(Lehigh County)

Thumbs up Re: i need some information about me buying a new hand gun on Friday ,

Quote Originally Posted by Manxdriver View Post
    Ah, see, I saw it as you spouting some ‘New Jerseyan’ idiotic old wives tales about gun laws. My apologies for trying to square you away.
    We get new people here all the time, some looking for info, some asking the same questions in a trolling effort, some just being dickheads. Since we have no way of knowing one from the others, we NEED to answer clearly, concisely, completely and absolutely devoid of hearsay and half-truths.
    I’m guilty of it too. You want to provide the answer, but, you do not want to type out six sentences, or six paragraphs to ensure the questioner gets the complete picture. I’m not into hero worship, but if you look at the responses given by GunLawyer, Uncle Jumbo, and a few others here, you will see a pattern of ‘complete, concise, and correct’ in their answers.
    It is really difficult to misconstrue their answers. We ARE after all dealing with a subject that, if gotten wrong, can alter negatively the trajectory of someone’s life.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]128034[/img]
    Attached Images Attached Images

(Lehigh County)

Lightbulb Re: i need some information about me buying a new hand gun on Friday ,

Last edited by GOYABEAN; February 23rd, 2020 at 11:57 AM.

6106 exceptions (8)
    and 6109 will answer most questions.
    boring as hell but in plain english.
    https://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs...&div=0&chpt=61

6106 involves carrying/tranporting firearms
    6109 involves the ltcf license (optional but recommended)
    and all of title 18 chapter 61 is worth a bit of memorization.
    this is also worth a read. http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=7582
    There is no way to make it out alive...

(Berks County)

Knows the fees. Uses the word "dealer". Either this post is a troll, or it looks like josh shapiro has joined PAFOA.
    Quote Originally Posted by internet troll View Post
    Not sure why this post would be a troll. He is asking a question all of us did not know the true/ complete answer to at one time or another. Seems like a perfectly legit question to me.
    Exactly. William Blake's above post sound far more trollish. Well, maybe just condescending. Great way to create unity.

'Dealer' is a bad word? Isn't that what every seller of a particular brand is called?

(Berks County)

Rare is the dealer who will only charge the 2 and the 3. I always buy extras from them. That is why I have enough hoppies number 9 to wash a county fair prize winning pig twice over.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

(Warren County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic View Post
    hello everyone i am new here , i have a question i will be buying a new handgun from a dealer Friday here in pa , i know there is a 3.00 and 2.00 charge for back ground checks , i wanted to know if i have to register my gun with the state police if i am only using it in my home for self defense ? thank you
    yeah... the phrasing and knowledge of the " legal" fee amounts... reflects "book learning" about the gun buying process.

Then asking basic questions.... well, it does have a hint of some .GOV troll looking for a gotcha.

So anyway, no bogus info has been posted above, just some miscommubnications....

It's gonna cost you $20 -$50 for the FFL selling the gun do do the work and paperwork.

The $5.00 is THEIR cost. They mark it up.

And ditto on get a license to carry, there's a lot of reasons.

And for goodness sake, get some training on the gun.

And practice...

Welcome to PAFOA
    American by BIRTH, Infidel by CHOICE

(Lancaster County)

How's about in the future if you suspect something like this you report it to the staff so it can be investigated instead of making an accusation and potentially driving away a new user?

BTW, I had already looked into this person before you posted this, and found nothing suspicious. Never thought someone using correct terminology would trigger someone so badly. You sure you're not a cop that likes to pull people over for doing 5 under the speed limit?
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic View Post
    hello everyone i am new here , i have a question i will be buying a new handgun from a dealer Friday here in pa , i know there is a 3.00 and 2.00 charge for back ground checks , i wanted to know if i have to register my gun with the state police if i am only using it in my home for self defense ? thank you
    All handguns are registered with the State Police when you buy them at the dealer. It's official registry name is called "Record Of Sale". They set that up so they know where to come to pick it up when they ban the private ownership of guns.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    All handguns are registered with the State Police when you buy them at the dealer. It's official registry name is called "Record Of Sale". They set that up so they know where to come to pick it up when they ban the private ownership of guns.
    Thank you ......Pennsylvania's back door hand gun registration .

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast