Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    (Berks County)

Default Re: i need some information about me buying a new hand gun on Friday ,

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    How's about in the future if you suspect something like this you report it to the staff so it can be investigated instead of making an accusation and potentially driving away a new user?

BTW, I had already looked into this person before you posted this, and found nothing suspicious. Never thought someone using correct terminology would trigger someone so badly. You sure you're not a cop that likes to pull people over for doing 5 under the speed limit?
    'You must spread some reputation around before giving it to streaker69 again.'

Hit the nail on the head. 'Seasoned' members say things like 'PICS form' and 'carry permit'. OP actually got it right.

You can't win with some people. If you don't do any research before asking a question, you get scolded for not doing any research. If you do research and ask for clarification, you're branded an ATF informant/troll.

(Columbia County)

My advice to the OP, get an application for a license to carry from your county sheriff. Wait for the approval then buy the handgun. Then you are good to go. Without a license to carry you are not only prohibited from carrying the handgun concealed, but you cannot carry it in your vehicle unless you are going to and from a gun shop to buy or sell it or to the range. There are several other exceptions, but a non licensee can't just throw and handgun in a glovebox and drive around with it.

So consider getting the License to carry first. Check your Sheriff's webpage some have a downloadable application.
    Last edited by eagleclaw; February 24th, 2020 at 05:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by markshere2 View Post
    yeah... the phrasing and knowledge of the " legal" fee amounts... reflects "book learning" about the gun buying process.

Then asking basic questions.... well, it does have a hint of some .GOV troll looking for a gotcha.

So anyway, no bogus info has been posted above, just some miscommubnications....

It's gonna cost you $20 -$50 for the FFL selling the gun do do the work and paperwork.

The $5.00 is THEIR cost. They mark it up.

And ditto on get a license to carry, there's a lot of reasons.

And for goodness sake, get some training on the gun.

And practice...

Welcome to PAFOA
    also, don't fear ffl's without a "shop"
    usually sellers will have a list of ffl's and all you do is contact them ahead of time, ask if they do online transfers and the price.
    never know where you'll find a $25 transfer in a sea of $50+
    ...gotta buy me a new something so i can visit my buddy, been almost 2yrs.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

(Blair County)

thanks everyone for your advice and knowledge , i only knew the fees because i asked the sportsman place how much they were so i knew how much everything was going to be .

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic View Post
    thanks everyone for your advice and knowledge , i only knew the fees because i asked the sportsman place how much they were so i knew how much everything was going to be .
    You don't owe anyone an explanation.
    Welcome to the PAFOA.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

Quote Originally Posted by GOYABEAN View Post
    And aren't you suppose to keep any ammunition for said hand gun locked up unless you have a valid carry permit in case you also purchase ammo .
    The requirement for transporting from the FFL to your home, if you don't have an LTCF, is that it be "a firearm which is not loaded and is in a secure wrapper". So having a box of ammo in the car is OK, but having the gun on the seat next to you in plain sight is not. Having loaded mags in the same space as the semi-auto gun is also bad.

So there are conditions which you have to meet, because generally speaking it's illegal to transport a handgun in any vehicle without an LTCF, but there are exceptions. Make sure you fall within an exception, or have a license to carry.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Beaver County)

Rules, we must have rules because we have rulers.

Quote Originally Posted by john9001 View Post
    Rules, we must have rules because we have rulers.
    rules could technically also be etiquette or even gentlemans agreements to follow a certain behavior. they don't strictly mean we have rulers.
    although you could argue that society at large could be a ruler, faith could be a ruler, moral compass could be a ruler.
    could say a general rule is to leave a tip of a common percentage. doesn't mean you have to follow it.
    a game of darts has rules you don't have a ruler but if you don't follow the agreed upon rules you have no one to play with either.

but we did create a monster. we were supposed to have made a small government that doesn't really affect every day life but has restrictions and regulations to say, deal with murderers w/o people running wild hanging everyone accused. it was also supposed to be designed to safeguard against becoming britian... and somewhat succeeded if you've seen how far they've fallen.
    but it has all gone rapidly downhill and we now do have rulers up on high, looking down at the proles, the cattle that support their lavish lifestyles.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234