Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 28 of 44 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 280 of 433
  1. #271
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Wayne, Pennsylvania
    (Chester County)
    Posts
    1,587
    Rep Power
    21474849

    Default Re: Post your Preps/Tips and ideas.

    This may not map to anybody's prep work, but if you're not dependent on pharma and believe in Herbal Medicine (which we have for decades), here's some of the stuff we've put away (in the really large ammo cans - if you put your normal and customary ammo in them, you couldn't lift them):

    IMG_9268[1].1.jpg

    BTW, these are all herbal, vacu-sealed in canning jars, well-padded on all sides, and we open them as needed from time to time. Right now, everything is packed to the top of the lid.

    We're not selling this or recommending it to anyone (your doctor knows best ). Make fun of it, flame it, we don't care, because so far, it works for us - which is why we're gonna survive... hell, we've got grandkids we wanna see grow up, take to the range, etc.

    And maybe one day when all this is over and we're growing this on our own property, we can buy a Zero-Turn mower...
    Last edited by bamboomaster; March 9th, 2020 at 05:14 PM.
    - bamboomaster

  2. #272
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Cow Country, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,190
    Rep Power
    2880584

    Default Re: Post your Preps/Tips and ideas.

    Quote Originally Posted by bamboomaster View Post
    This may not map to anybody's prep work, but if you're not dependent on pharma and believe in Herbal Medicine (which we have for decades), here's some of the stuff we've put away (in the really large ammo cans - if you put your normal and customary ammo in them, you couldn't lift them):

    IMG_9268[1].1.jpg

    BTW, these are all herbal, vacu-sealed in canning jars, well-padded on all sides, and we open them as needed from time to time. Right now, everything is packed to the top of the lid.

    We're not selling this or recommending it to anyone (your doctor knows best ). Make fun of it, flame it, we don't care, because so far, it works for us - which is why we're gonna survive... hell, we've got grandkids we wanna see grow up, take to the range, etc.

    And maybe one day when all this is over and we're growing this on our own property, we can buy a Zero-Turn mower...
    Out of rep... That's a neat idea, I need to figure out how and what dry herbs I want to store. I mostly make tinctures so I have a lot of jars... Chaga is my go 2 herb. But I have others. Still kinda learning the ropes. I prefer to collect my own. But I am a bit Leary on new herbs and proper identification.
    "R.I.P. Meleanie Hain (SFN) & 1861 " ΑΣΦ

  3. #273
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Douglassville, Pennsylvania
    (Berks County)
    Posts
    5,291
    Rep Power
    21474849

    Default Re: Post your Preps/Tips and ideas.

    Quote Originally Posted by bamboomaster View Post
    This may not map to anybody's prep work, but if you're not dependent on pharma and believe in Herbal Medicine (which we have for decades), here's some of the stuff we've put away (in the really large ammo cans - if you put your normal and customary ammo in them, you couldn't lift them):

    IMG_9268[1].1.jpg

    BTW, these are all herbal, vacu-sealed in canning jars, well-padded on all sides, and we open them as needed from time to time. Right now, everything is packed to the top of the lid.

    We're not selling this or recommending it to anyone (your doctor knows best ). Make fun of it, flame it, we don't care, because so far, it works for us - which is why we're gonna survive... hell, we've got grandkids we wanna see grow up, take to the range, etc.

    And maybe one day when all this is over and we're growing this on our own property, we can buy a Zero-Turn mower...
    Yinz are safe here, I still have my buddy who lives in a yurt in Upstate, NY to make fun of.
    I believe Tara Reade.

  4. #274
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)
    Posts
    5,123
    Rep Power
    21474850

    Default Re: Post your Preps/Tips and ideas.

    Gatorade update:

    They came today, 3 cans shrink-wrapped on a cardboard tray. The carton must have taken a hit, because one can was slightly dented, the pop top was buckled in one spot, there was a small opening, and a tiny bit of powder had escaped inside of the plastic lid, which was still in place. I requested a return, and Amazon is sending me new cans. They're not asking for the old ones back. I now have 30 gallons of Gatorade for $25, 36 gallons if I use the defective one. Would yinz?


  5. #275
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Newport, Pennsylvania
    (Perry County)
    Age
    54
    Posts
    5,026
    Rep Power
    21474853

    Default Re: Post your Preps/Tips and ideas.

    Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    Gatorade update:

    They came today, 3 cans shrink-wrapped on a cardboard tray. The carton must have taken a hit, because one can was slightly dented, the pop top was buckled in one spot, there was a small opening, and a tiny bit of powder had escaped inside of the plastic lid, which was still in place. I requested a return, and Amazon is sending me new cans. They're not asking for the old ones back. I now have 30 gallons of Gatorade for $25, 36 gallons if I use the defective one. Would yinz?

    If the plastic was still in place, I'd use it up. Especially if you're confident it happened in shipping.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

    "He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

    "Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

  6. #276
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Quakertown, Pennsylvania
    (Bucks County)
    Posts
    4,424
    Rep Power
    21474852

    Default Re: Post your Preps/Tips and ideas.

    Quote Originally Posted by unclejumbo View Post
    If the plastic was still in place, I'd use it up. Especially if you're confident it happened in shipping.
    ...and it didn't ship from Seattle.

  7. #277
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Wayne, Pennsylvania
    (Chester County)
    Posts
    1,587
    Rep Power
    21474849

    Default Re: Post your Preps/Tips and ideas.

    Scruff - save the dented can for last. Just use a combination of packing tape and duct tape to seal it. And put a note on top explaining what occurred. Somebody may some day need this. Hopefully, you won't.

    Just from the angle of the pic, it looks like a robot may have whacked the lid....
    - bamboomaster

  8. #278
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)
    Posts
    5,123
    Rep Power
    21474850

    Default Re: Post your Preps/Tips and ideas.

    Quote Originally Posted by RockIsland View Post
    ...and it didn't ship from Seattle.
    Lexington KY. I think I'm OK. Just to be safe, I'll let the kids try it first.

  9. #279
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Douglassville, Pennsylvania
    (Berks County)
    Posts
    5,291
    Rep Power
    21474849

    Default Re: Post your Preps/Tips and ideas.

    Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    Lexington KY. I think I'm OK. Just to be safe, I'll let the kids try it first.
    I was going to suggest serving it to visitors.
    I believe Tara Reade.

  10. #280
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    <( ' . ' <), Pennsylvania
    (Monroe County)
    Age
    34
    Posts
    2,290
    Rep Power
    21474848

    Default Re: Post your Preps/Tips and ideas.

    Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    Lexington KY. I think I'm OK. Just to be safe, I'll let the kids try it first.
    does it bother you to throw out $8.64? i'd likely use it but i'd be able to physically inspect the product before consuming it, inspecting the remaining seal and such, the shipping box and how it all fit.
    i'd just as likely throw it out if i had concerns.
    "Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils. John Stark

Page 28 of 44 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. It's coming: Administration preps new gun regulations
    By PocketProtector in forum National
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: June 12th, 2015, 08:09 PM
  2. Administration preps new gun regulations
    By middlefinger in forum National
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: May 30th, 2015, 07:39 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •