So my Swiss rifle family grew by two yesterday. 1911 long rifle to compliment my K1911 and a K31 that’s probably nicer than the one I already had. Both rifles are really nice, beautiful in my opinion for Swiss rifles. The K31 has most of the finish on the metal and the wood is not overly abused.

Anyway, as I was inspecting for marks, imperfections, etc. I noticed (this was mail order) the rear sight was unlike anything I’ve seen on my other Swiss rifles, any others I’ve seen, and really any other old surplus rifles. The first thing I noticed was the elevation setting wouldn’t slide when I squeezed the side button and tried to move it. But then I realized a two step knob on the bolt handle side of the sight. A larger ring and a smaller ring with what looked like windage and elevation settings. A quick google search tells me this is a Fürter rear sight corrector and while it was easy to find out what it was there doesn’t seem to be too much mention of them out there. It’s basically a fine adjustment rear sight. The rifle serial number puts it at 1940 but it sounds like these sights didn’t come out until 1965. So does anyone know anymore about these? Rare? Cool? Adds value? Decreases value? Lucky score?