Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Butler County)

Default Sig Sauer P320SP

Hey all,

I'm not exactly sure the best place to post this, hoping someone here has seen this.

I won a Sig P320SP at a gun bash about a year ago - it's an amazing pistol; extremely comfortable to hold, very accurate and consistent and seems to be very reliable. I recently found Sig's grip modules that allow you to change the frame size of the pistol without having to buy a whole new gun, which seems amazing. I found a P320 grip module at my local store today, and thought I was in business. I get home and try to switch the module out, but it just doesn't quite fit. There seem to be extremely small differences between my original grip and the standard grip module i got at the store. I looked at the slide again and realized mine was a P320SP. I cannot find ANY information online about this specific model. The most I've found is that Sig makes a "Sig Pro" line that supposedly SP stands for...but nothing on the 320 series. Has anyone seen this or know what it is?

P.S.
    (yes i did message their customer service, but thats a 3 day turn around and I'm quite curious about this)

Default Re: Sig Sauer P320SP

Does it have a manual safety like this 320SP? If so, you need a grip module that has the safety cut, or add it yourself.

b2970ca73893bdc453876ad12fbf3020.jpg

(Butler County)

Mine does not have a manual safety. The trigger assembly is like a 95% fit.. The back portion sticks out just a hair too far and the take down pin just won't go back into the frame.

(Montgomery County)

I've been spending some time on SigTalk and I have not heard of the 320SP until now. My recommendation would be to post over there for a larger pool of Sig experts. It's a great group over there.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by pens87pgh View Post
    Mine does not have a manual safety. The trigger assembly is like a 95% fit.. The back portion sticks out just a hair too far and the take down pin just won't go back into the frame.
    Are you making sure to angle the rear portion of the fire control unit (your trigger assembly) down first to ensure it slips all the way underneath the cutouts of the grip module? And then push on the front rails after that. You should hear some pretty distinctive clicks. And as for the take down pin, they can be a bit stiff when pushing back in. Make sure the pin is rotated directionally that the cutouts of the pin and frame match up. Then at that point you may have to use a bit of force. But make sure there's nothing in the way first by looking through the hole.

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by jthrelf View Post
    Are you making sure to angle the rear portion of the fire control unit (your trigger assembly) down first to ensure it slips all the way underneath the cutouts of the grip module? And then push on the front rails after that. You should hear some pretty distinctive clicks. And as for the take down pin, they can be a bit stiff when pushing back in. Make sure the pin is rotated directionally that the cutouts of the pin and frame match up. Then at that point you may have to use a bit of force. But make sure there's nothing in the way first by looking through the hole.
    Thanks for all of the info! Will give it another go with all of this in mind.