Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: C&R license

(Monroe County)

Default Re: C&R license

I love when they let my 15yo son sign for guns. Meh better then when CDNN fucking didn't even send it with track or sig and I found the pistol just sitting on my front porch.

I got to know UPS/FEDEX and how to pick it up the next day at the depot.

I love mailing handguns...the look on the clerks face when I say I have to declare the gun and give them the form.
    The postmaster knows me now so and I have my stuff together so it's cool.
    Last edited by Rosco the Iroc; February 18th, 2020 at 09:25 AM.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Washington County)

I also buy very few C&R guns but keep renewing just for the discount in prices at Brownells.

I also have to pick up adult signature required packages at my local Fedex or UPS hub but luckily they are usually open late. The worst part is waiting for the three delivery attempts to go by. If I planned ahead a little better I could probably tell the shipper to have it held at my local pick up location and skip the delivery attempts.

(York County)

Can any adult sign for the firearm delivery? I work days but my wife is home during the day so if she could sign for it that would be great. What do you fill in on the form where it asks for the business hours since the 03 is not a business license?

Quote Originally Posted by StonewallRabbitry View Post
    Can any adult sign for the firearm delivery? I work days but my wife is home during the day so if she could sign for it that would be great. What do you fill in on the form where it asks for the business hours since the 03 is not a business license?
    For the business hours I put by appointment only one my last 3 applications and renewals with no issues. As far as the signature my wife has signed for packages in the past when I wasn’t here. I don’t remember any rules saying others couldn’t who reside at that resident. Of course anyone who is legally prohibited from owning a firearm I would not allow to sign.

(Monroe County)

They just look at you now and they mark it "cause of Covid". Fuck that fed law shit.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by bjmac View Post
    I've been toying with the idea of possibly getting a c&r license and I'm confused. I see all firearms over 50 years old are eligible, yet the c&r list says c&r subject to gca of 1968 and the list seems small.
    ATF has a list of C&R eligible firearms that they publish, though they state that not every C&R firearm might be on the list:

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/curios-relics

Firearms automatically attain C&R status when they are 50 years old. Any firearm that is at least 50 years old, and in its original configuration, would qualify as a C&R firearm. It is not necessary for such firearms to be listed in ATF's C&R list. Therefore, ATF does not generally list firearms in the C&R publication by virtue of their age.

(York County)

Thanks for the info, if a c&r firearm is bought from a private individual does it still have to be put in the log book

(Montgomery County)

Thanks for the info, if a c&r firearm is bought from a private individual does it still have to be put in the log book
    Yes. You*re using your license to acquire it so it goes in the book.

Quote Originally Posted by carrguy1 View Post
    .... Your bound book will record acquisitions and dispositions. The pages may be listed here somewhere or online, possibly on the ATF website. I can*t remember for sure. I printed out a bunch a long time ago and am still using those. I put them in a 3 ring binder. ....
    Could you clarify this for me please? Perhaps I'm missing something here, but referring to a 'bound book' and pages in a 3-ring binder confuses me.
    Thanks
    IANAL. I don't give legal advice. I'm only stating my OPINION.
    (Did I really need to say that on an Internet forum? LOL)

Quote Originally Posted by Boots_DE View Post
    Could you clarify this for me please? Perhaps I'm missing something here, but referring to a 'bound book' and pages in a 3-ring binder confuses me.
    Thanks
    Like all other FFL*s you need to log in and out any qualifying C&R firearm you buy using your license. It*s your responsibility to keep this record and the ATF does have the right to request to see it. You can use a spiral note book if you really wanted to but you can find much better options made for this.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast