Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default n

m
    Last edited by Boondox; August 28th, 2021 at 08:49 PM.

(York County)

Default Re: Bellwood school teaches sounds of gun shots

Posting while drunk never ends well..........................

(Bucks County)

Bellwood, half way between the Turnpike and I-80 in the mountains.
    There isn't a person in that school that hasn't heard gunfire on opening day of deer season.

Nothing to see here, keep moving.

(Indiana County)

Quote Originally Posted by X Hunter View Post
    There isn't a person in that school that hasn't heard gunfire on opening day of deer season.
    Opening day? Pick a weekend prior to deer season and the hills will occasionally be filled with something other than the sound of music.

Then there's New Year's Eve and Midnight.

(Chester County)

The Police should also set off firecrackers to show a comparison to gunshots to firecrackers. When witnesses are interviewed after a shooting most will tell the biased news reader they first thought that sounds of gunshots were firecrackers. That actually has a name and the response is deadly, it's called "normalcy bias". It's people's minds not wanting to believe something out of the ordinary is going on and don't react as they should be reacting because they don't want to believe something out of the ordinary is happening. Ask those people once they come to stark realization, how many times do you actually hear firecrackers away from 4th of July or New Years?

About two or three years ago I was sitting here at my computer when I heard gunshots coming from the road between my house and the crack house across the road. I immediately dropped from my seat to the floor and grabbed my own firearm and phone. As I was dialing 911 I was counting the shots and there were 15. When the 911 operator answered she asked me how I knew they were gunshots and not firecrackers. I told her there was exactly 15 shots and I live directly across the street from a crack house. The police showed up and cruised around the block once or twice and took off. The next day one of the young women that jog around the neighborhood found all the spent ejected case on my next door neighbor's front yard. I called the Police department and told them what was found after I took a look at them. They were completely dumbfounded because they believed someone was setting off firecrackers the night before. Normalcy bias.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    The Police should also set off firecrackers to show a comparison to gunshots to firecrackers. When witnesses are interviewed after a shooting most will tell the biased news reader they first thought that sounds of gunshots were firecrackers. That actually has a name and the response is deadly, it's called "normalcy bias". It's people's minds not wanting to believe something out of the ordinary is going on and don't react as they should be reacting because they don't want to believe something out of the ordinary is happening. Ask those people once they come to stark realization, how many times do you actually hear firecrackers away from 4th of July or New Years?

About two or three years ago I was sitting here at my computer when I heard gunshots coming from the road between my house and the crack house across the road. I immediately dropped from my seat to the floor and grabbed my own firearm and phone. As I was dialing 911 I was counting the shots and there were 15. When the 911 operator answered she asked me how I knew they were gunshots and not firecrackers. I told her there was exactly 15 shots and I live directly across the street from a crack house. The police showed up and cruised around the block once or twice and took off. The next day one of the young women that jog around the neighborhood found all the spent ejected case on my next door neighbor's front yard. I called the Police department and told them what was found after I took a look at them. They were completely dumbfounded because they believed someone was setting off firecrackers the night before. Normalcy bias.

Couldn't have said it better myself!

Know what a gunshot sounds like only makes sense when you have something else that sounds similar to compare it to. Now, normalcy bias will make poorly knowledgable kids think that ALL loud sounds are gunfire. There's no perspective.
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

They used to just go to the school rifle range in the basement to hear what gunfire sounded like.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Allegheny County)

how many times do you actually hear firecrackers away from 4th of July or New Years
    This is a joke, right?
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Juniata County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    This is a joke, right?
    I’d assume no: I’m not sure I’ve ever heard them outside of those times.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast