Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bucks County)

Default Pennsylvania Senate President Joe Scarnati will not seek re-election

https://triblive.com/news/pennsylvan...k-re-election/

HARRISBURG — Pennsylvania Senate President Pro Tempore Joe Scarnati will not seek re-election, he told The Associated Press on Wednesday night.

Scarnati, 58, a fifth-term Republican from Jefferson County in northwestern Pennsylvania, said he wrestled with the decision to step down after 14 years in a job steering a Republican majority through turbulent elections and fights in the Capitol.

But it’s the right time, he said, adding that the decision was personal and not political.

“After 20 years, I always like to say, it’s good to go out and go out on top,” he said.

Scarnati said he will remain in his role until the legislative term ends Nov. 30.

Scarnati rose quickly, becoming Senate president in 2007 with the endorsement of his predecessor after just six years in the chamber. He since has had to straddle the demands of Democratic governors and, in the Legislature’s Republican majorities, hard-line conservatives and moderates.
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Pennsylvania Senate President Joe Scarnati will not seek re-election

....another position that a dem will take?
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Pennsylvania Senate President Joe Scarnati will not seek re-election

Quote Originally Posted by Krichardson View Post
    ....another position that a dem will take?
    That's a very conservative area----but I don't know the politics over there. Hopefully they fill these spots because that's how VA fell. They did not fill vacant positions in numerous R areas.

(Chester County)

I really hope the pa gop is not going to let a bunch of seats go unopposed. Seems like we have a ton of retirements going on, and we lost seats in 2018. We can't afford to give any up.

(Bucks County)

I contacted the PA Gop asking about filling vacant seats, I will advise as soon as I hear from them----I urge all to contact Scarnati or the local GOP if you're in his district to make sure the seat is FILLED!

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by mikelets456 View Post
    That's a very conservative area----but I don't know the politics over there. Hopefully they fill these spots because that's how VA fell. They did not fill vacant positions in numerous R areas.
    From what I've heard - they knew there was little to no chance of a republican taking those seats so they didn't dedicate any resources to those districts to focus on ones they actually had a shot with. Not ideal, but with limited money and man-power, I can understand. I suppose the effectiveness of this approach can be debated.

I contacted the PA Gop asking about filling vacant seats, I will advise as soon as I hear from them----I urge all to contact Scarnati or the local GOP if you're in his district to make sure the seat is FILLED!
    Thank you. Please keep us posted. My Rep is retiring this year as well. I'll have to give her a shout to find out more about who is running to succeed her. It's not a guaranteed conservative area.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by jthrelf View Post
    From what I've heard - they knew there was little to no chance of a republican taking those seats so they didn't dedicate any resources to those districts to focus on ones they actually had a shot with. Not ideal, but with limited money and man-power, I can understand. I suppose the effectiveness of this approach can be debated.

Thank you. Please keep us posted. My Rep is retiring this year as well. I'll have to give her a shout to find out more about who is running to succeed her. It's not a guaranteed conservative area.

Rep. Dush seeks Scarnati’s 25th District Senate seat

CLARION – State Rep. Cris Dush (R-66) announced he is seeking the nod from constituents of Senate District 25 in the wake of Senator Joe Scarnati’s announced retirement from the Pennsylvania Senate at the end of his 5th term in office.

The 25th Senatorial District, which includes Cameron, Clinton, Elk, Jefferson, McKean, Potter and Tioga Counties and portions of Clearfield County is the largest in the Commonwealth. Dush resides in Jefferson County.

“Today I am announcing that I will be seeking the honor to serve as Senator for the 25th Senatorial District. I had informed Senator Scarnati that while I had a strong desire to ask the people of his district for the honor of that seat I would not run against him. His announcement yesterday clears the way for me pursue the opportunity to do what I’ve felt called to do,” Dush said Thursday in a prepared release.

“It is my hope to continue my fight to restore the legislative sovereignty over the writing of laws rather than the executive and judicial branches doing it by regulation and fiat rulings. I will continue the fight to protect our timber, farming, manufacturing, oil and gas industries. The work I’ve been doing to reduce unfunded mandates on schools, industry, local and county governments will also have a greater weight in a venue where I’m one of 50 rather than one of 203.

https://www.sungazette.com/news/top-...t-senate-seat/

(Chester County)

Rep. Dush seeks Scarnati’s 25th District Senate seat

CLARION – State Rep. Cris Dush (R-66) announced he is seeking the nod from constituents of Senate District 25 in the wake of Senator Joe Scarnati’s announced retirement from the Pennsylvania Senate at the end of his 5th term in office.

The 25th Senatorial District, which includes Cameron, Clinton, Elk, Jefferson, McKean, Potter and Tioga Counties and portions of Clearfield County is the largest in the Commonwealth. Dush resides in Jefferson County.

“Today I am announcing that I will be seeking the honor to serve as Senator for the 25th Senatorial District. I had informed Senator Scarnati that while I had a strong desire to ask the people of his district for the honor of that seat I would not run against him. His announcement yesterday clears the way for me pursue the opportunity to do what I’ve felt called to do,” Dush said Thursday in a prepared release.

“It is my hope to continue my fight to restore the legislative sovereignty over the writing of laws rather than the executive and judicial branches doing it by regulation and fiat rulings. I will continue the fight to protect our timber, farming, manufacturing, oil and gas industries. The work I’ve been doing to reduce unfunded mandates on schools, industry, local and county governments will also have a greater weight in a venue where I’m one of 50 rather than one of 203.

https://www.sungazette.com/news/top-...t-senate-seat/
    I'm glad someone is running, but having a rep run means we have a house vacancy to fill.