Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Taurus Service!!!

3 times I think I used taurus service.
    2 of those times involved a firearm being sent in.
    All 3 times I was pleased and problem resolved.
    Smith , Ruger and Remington have all given me service that was non pleasing and worthless and didn't solve anything.
    Smith repeatedly......

The BEST has to be Phoenix Arms.
    You know they made/make those cheap HP-22 pistols for under $100 when I bought mine.
    Very pleased with those folks
    I had one of them I put a zillion rds through ..and beat the snot out of.. an under 100 pistol.
    Finally the mag catch wore so much it'd no longer hold a mag.
    They wanted the pistol back .... I returned it ...... gave me a new one.
    Well the frame had the same serial # so I think that may have just been buffed up?
    Slide , barrel , grips , trigger everything else brand new plus gave me some new mags.
    All I asked was for the mag catch to be replaced on my $90 pistol
    Last edited by Boondox; February 14th, 2020 at 01:51 PM.

(Bucks County)

Wow. That Phoenix HP 22 looks sweet! Only 90 bucks...I'm guessing it came to be years after the "Saturday Night Special" bullshit? Yep... 1991, formerly Jennings and Raven. MSRP $130.00 now.
    Last edited by Bang; February 14th, 2020 at 02:30 PM.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

I wonder if Glock even has customer service?
    Any vote for a third party is a vote for a Democrat. You are the enemy.

(Berks County)

I have a small collection of H&K's, I wonder what their CS department is like.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    I have a small collection of H&K's, I wonder what their CS department is like.
    Ohh they hate you big time.

Hah! Phoenix Arms HP22 and Taurus in one thread!

First off, big thumbs up for Phoenix Arms. I bought one of those HP22s based on the recommendations of friends - something around $100. You want to hate it with the weird quirks like TWO manual safeties, but the damn thing is just so much fun! Everyone who has shot mine agrees. I've put a lot of lead through it over the years - still reliable as can be.

Now, Taurus. I had a PT 24/7 OSS-DS in .45. It started light-striking. Sent it in for repair, it came back, worked for a bit, then started light-striking again. I put it in the safe and forgot about it. Couple years later, I got around to sending it back in. They told me it was subject to a class action lawsuit and that they could not repair it until that lawsuit was resolved. Okay, then, send it back to me, please. Nope. They held onto that gun for over two years. About eight months after the lawsuit was resolved, they called me and offered a choice of a replacement (brand new) gun or $200.

However, since I'm in 10-round limit PRNY, they would only offer one gun - the PT140G2, in .40. Which is really not at all the same style of gun. I send in a full sized .45 and got back a compact .40, lol. That kind of peeved me, though not as much as them hanging onto the gun for over two years despite my protests.

On the other hand, I sent in a gun that I bought used and got a brand new gun in return. And I like the new gun more than the one I sent in. /shrug

(Bucks County)

Interesting. A lawsuit freezes repairs. No doubt repair of what the suit is about would help prove the plaintiff's assertion. I can see them not being able to send out a gun that is defective. That would be very negligent. Sorry you got trapped in such a catch-22. Thank Dem Dingell for the lack of publicity.

The simple answer is that no government entity has the power to police defective firearms or ammunition in America—or even force gunmakers to warn consumers. The Consumer Product Safety Commission can order the recall and repair of thousands of things, from toasters to teddy bears. If a defective car needs fixing, the U.S. Department of Transportation can make it happen. The Food and Drug Administration deals with food, drugs, and cosmetics. Only one product is beyond the government’s reach when it comes to defects and safety: firearms. Not even the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives can get defective guns off the market. If a gunmaker chooses to ignore a safety concern, there’s no one to stop it.

To understand how firearms makers escaped government oversight of the safety of their pistols, revolvers, and rifles, you need to go back to 1972, when Congress created the Consumer Product Safety Commission. Four years earlier, President Lyndon B. Johnson had signed the Omnibus Crime Control and Safe Streets Act, which regulated several aspects of firearm sales, and advocates of gun control hoped to give this new agency oversight of defective weapons. Representative John Dingell, a Democrat from Michigan and a hunter with an A-plus rating from the ascendant NRA, blocked them. In 1975 he did it again, when a colleague introduced a bill making a second run at giving the CPSC firearms authority. “We put in there an express prohibition against them getting their nose into the business of regulating firearms and ammunition,” Dingell said in debate in Congress. That second bill was crushed, 339-80, and the issue has never been seriously considered again.

This image can only be used with the attached article for period of 90 days from publication.
    Sonie Brown and her husband, Bud Brown, with a picture of Jarred. On the morning of New Year’s Eve 2016, Jarred picked up his father’s Taurus handgun to shoot target practice behind their house when the gun went off while holstered.PHOTOGRAPHER: BRYAN THOMAS FOR BLOOMBERG BUSINESSWEEK
    For Brown, none of that explains why he hadn’t heard that Taurus had sold bad guns. It’s one thing if the government didn’t do anything, but he reads every issue of American Rifleman, the NRA’s official magazine, and he never saw a warning about Taurus guns. “Why didn’t the NRA warn us? I guess there’s too much money and politics going into the NRA, so they had reason not to tell us,” he says.

The NRA lists gun safety as among its concerns, and in recent years, American Rifleman has covered voluntary safety recalls from Colt’s Manufacturing, FN America, and SIG Sauer. But articles on Taurus’s class-action settlement or any of the lawsuits could not be found by search on the magazine’s website. Shooting Illustrated, another NRA publication, ran a three-paragraph story on the class-action settlement.

Taurus and the NRA have had a mutually beneficial relationship for years. A lot of that was the work of Robert Morrison, president of Miami Lakes-based Taurus International Manufacturing Inc., until 2011. Morrison is a close friend of Wayne LaPierre, the NRA’s executive vice president. Taurus has received at least eight NRA awards and has been mentioned in dozens of articles in American Rifleman.

Morrison started as an independent Taurus salesman in 1994 before moving up through the ranks to run U.S. operations in 2004. He aggressively used the NRA to sell guns, introducing a program, still in effect, whereby anyone who buys a Taurus weapon is given a free one-year membership in the NRA. The strategy appears to have worked: In 2016, American Rifleman profiled an Alabama pawnshop that sold 1,000 Taurus firearms in a month with the promotion.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/featu...-t-be-recalled
    Last edited by Bang; February 14th, 2020 at 05:34 PM.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by PistolFan View Post
    When I hear someone say or I read "they have great customer service" it gets me thinking that maybe I should stay away from a company like that because I prefer not to use their customer service. Some years ago I purchased a Rossi revolver - it seemed like a nice revolver. I voluntarily sent it back to Rossi (which is affiliated somehow with Taurus) for a recall issue - that was back in September 2019. After 3 months I was told by Rossi\Taurus (same CS people) that it would be replaced. Here I am now February 2020 still waiting for the replacement. Five months and counting is not great customer service. Taurus service just plan SUCKS!
    So staying away from companies with reputations for great service led you to a company with a horrible reputation for service and you were surprised by that?

Lols

Charter Arms was great service. Classic took care of me twice.

Remington sucked monkey balls. We the people holsters tried hard but failed.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/featu...-t-be-recalled

Taurus has had many defective handguns. Above link outlines why you do not hear of them.
    That’s a Bloomberg propaganda piece that wants to change the law so gun manufacturers will get sued out of business. Backdoor guncontrol.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by mrat View Post
    And DA works perfect every time. Thanks for putting up with Customer Service for me.
    Maybe it was just me I don't know, but my Smith sure doesn't do what I was encountering. Happy ending though!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast