Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    (Somerset County)

Default Re: HIGH end AR wanting to be sold

He would be in s much better position of it was a factory gun. A KAC with a nf atacr is less than 5k.

I don't even think I could dream up a gun for that much. Maybe if a suppressor or night vision, but he may be exaggerating what he has in it

(Bucks County)

X ring, you've already given him the best advice a friend could: Getting the idea into his head that the $5k is spent and it ain't coming back. Like driving a new car off the lot. Poof it's gone. If his health allows sell off the parts folks would be willing to buy and call it a very expensive lesson. Prayers for his recovery.

(Bucks County)

I think this guy was just fishing and just wants you to give him an offer. Hey I (allegedly) put $5000 into this build......What will you give me for it?

But since he won't give you an actual parts list I think it is total BS.

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by Delkal View Post
    I think this guy was just fishing and just wants you to give him an offer. Hey I (allegedly) put $5000 into this build......What will you give me for it?

But since he won't give you an actual parts list I think it is total BS.
    Everyone's allowed to have an opinion and I read all of them.

However, in this case, if he says he has 5K in the gun, he has 5k in the gun. He has been a steady customer of mine for over 8 years. I actually helped him with his first Form 1 when he was building his first SBR and he has purchased a number of NFA items through me including a SBR and several suppressors and has had me do Cerakote work for him. He is sometimes slow to get things done like sending me a list of what is in this build but he will send it so I can post it here and in my shop.
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

(Delaware County)

This is intriguing. I’m trying to visualize a $5K AR... and I just can’t! Beyond it being select fire, of course. I’ve been building AR15s for over 15 years. The culmination of my research and builds has come to my current platform. It cost me roughly $700-$800 to build. For this, I get a solid rifle that will keep going in the harshest conditions, and deliver 1 MOA groups or better. So I would need to add a $4,000 optic to get even close to the $5K number.

Several have already said it. He should part it out to get anything even close to what he put into it.

This is the problem people have with all firearms. If you buy high priced parts, you won’t recoup the same on resale. I build my rifles for $750, but can sell them for $1200-$1500.
    Last edited by DavidH; March 24th, 2020 at 08:40 PM.
    Remember Biden the Pedophile! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSRqaO6DXcA

(Centre County)

What makes a JP Enterprises, Daniel Defense, LMT, etc, etc. worth what they sell for?? An individual can get the parts, triggers, optics, etc. and easily make an AR of 5K+ pricing. In my customers defense, he does buy the higher end stuff when he builds something and it probably has a high end optic on it. I talked to him (and he didn't tell me what all was on it) and he is, at this time going to hold on to it for now. If/when he decides to sell, he will list all the items that make up the build.
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234