Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Delaware County)

Default Re: Utah and Fl/Del concealed carry permit classes

Quote Originally Posted by punxsutawneypete View Post
    You are probably about 3 hours from Virginia, and you can get a non-resident permit from Va. by mail. Even though it has reciprocity with PA, I like to get permits from states I travel in. I would rather have a permit from the state where I am standing, as I prefer to avoid trying to explain the concept of reciprocity by the side of the road at night.
    One benefit of having a permit from the state you are in is that it allows you to carry within the 1,000 foot, federal 'Gun Free School Zone'.
    Sticks and stones will break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by punxsutawneypete View Post
    You are probably about 3 hours from Virginia, and you can get a non-resident permit from Va. by mail. Even though it has reciprocity with PA, I like to get permits from states I travel in. I would rather have a permit from the state where I am standing, as I prefer to avoid trying to explain the concept of reciprocity by the side of the road at night.
    AFAIK VA is in the process of rescinding reciprocity with other states.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    I read that too.
    Being from SEPA also, I cross into De sometimes 2 or 3 times a day.
    I have both the Utah and Arizona permits.
    The shop giving the course offered both at the same sitting so, being a belt and suspenders person, I got both.

That said, I hope that I never need to "explain the concept of reciprocity by the side of the road at night."
    God Bless the American Armed Forces, Thank You All.

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    I wasn't aware VA was trying this currently, however they (VA) tried this a few years ago, however it was "corrected" quickly.

(McKean County)

I have PA resident and AZ and UT non-resident. The company that did the class was certified by both AZ and UT so they came to town, charged one class fee for both states and you could pay for either or both permits - one needed a photo and one needed fingerprints, IIRC. The company taught the class, helped you fill in the application blanks, certified that you were present, and after you send in your applications they match your name to the list of attendees and after your background check you get your permits.
    We had a large crowd and it was getting late following the classroom time so I offered to help with the fingerprinting and they didn't charge me for the class.

I have since renewed both with no hassle. They are timely with the renewal applications in the mail. And have never needed to take the permits out of my wallet - except to show my buddy from NYS how the rest of the country lives.

As of today I am good in 38 states and Puerto Rico, not good in OR, CA, HI, MN, IL, SC, NY, MD, MA, RI, CT, NJ, territories of DC, VI, GU.
    Marty near God's Country. Making good people defenseless doesn’t make bad people harmless.

(Warren County)

Quote Originally Posted by rwt1405 View Post
    I wasn't aware VA was trying this currently, however they (VA) tried this a few years ago, however it was "corrected" quickly.
    That was before Bloomburg bought both houses of Virginia's legislature and the governor.
    Now, they're fcuked until they can motivate more Conservative voters in the nest election.
    American by BIRTH, Infidel by CHOICE

(Montgomery County)

I`ll ditto this. My wife and I, both Pa LTCF holders, also did AZ/Utah about 5 years ago and the renewals are coming up. We did them at Cabelas. A lot of good people there. We have some 38+/- States. I say minus one which is DE which is iffy at best.

Quote Originally Posted by Recoil View Post
    I`ll ditto this. My wife and I, both Pa LTCF holders, also did AZ/Utah about 5 years ago and the renewals are coming up. We did them at Cabelas. A lot of good people there. We have some 38+/- States. I say minus one which is DE which is iffy at best.
    What makes you think DE is "iffy"?

I just moved back to PA, after living 31 years in DE, where I held my DE Special License, along with a PA LTCF (held my PA LTCF from 1985 until moving to DE in 1988 also, and then got my PA back after getting my DE Special License).

I obtained my Utah permit just after moving back to PA from DE, and continue to carry in DE on that Utah permit.

To my knowledge there is nothing "iffy" about it, but please, let me know why you believe it is, as perhaps I'm missing something.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by rwt1405 View Post
    What makes you think DE is "iffy"?

I just moved back to PA, after living 31 years in DE, where I held my DE Special License, along with a PA LTCF (held my PA LTCF from 1985 until moving to DE in 1988 also, and then got my PA back after getting my DE Special License).

I obtained my Utah permit just after moving back to PA from DE, and continue to carry in DE on that Utah permit.

To my knowledge there is nothing "iffy" about it, but please, let me know why you believe it is, as perhaps I'm missing something.
    I wondered about that 'iffy' part too but just passed over it. To my knowledge you have it right and are not missing anything.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12