Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: You can't open carry at the mall

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    There are still malls left?
    My first thought.
    There is no greater sorrow than to recall in misery the time when we were happy - Dante.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    There are still malls left?
    They are display spaces for Amazon.
    SEMPER GUMBY

(Juniata County)

Quote Originally Posted by ett View Post
    Link to story ??
    I’m guessing something he witnessed.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Fayette County)

Quote Originally Posted by Statkowski View Post
    Nah, they don't do anything as obvious as gunbuster signs on the doors, they stick it in their Rules of Behaviour (or whatever they call it) and post it on some bulletin board away from the doors (and the traffic) so that nobody sees it. But, it's posted.
    Reminds me of uniontown hospital in fayette county. No signs on the entrance but they have a tv screen inside that displays a no guns screen. You have to walk inside the lobby and halfway down the hall before you even get to the tv. And on top of that, the tv is angled so you have to be walking towards the door to see it. So basically you dont see it till you are on the way out.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Grimm View Post
    Reminds me of uniontown hospital in fayette county. No signs on the entrance but they have a tv screen inside that displays a no guns screen. You have to walk inside the lobby and halfway down the hall before you even get to the tv. And on top of that, the tv is angled so you have to be walking towards the door to see it. So basically you dont see it till you are on the way out.
    Insurance mandated probably.

(Berks County)

Somewhat related story. Go to the Reading Hospital ER with my daughter for a true emergency. Walk in the entrance and metal detectors, security guards, and a Reading police officer. They take her and mom in, while other daughter is parking the car in the garage. I inform them politely that have a LTCF and have a handgun, but was a bit nervous. Security quietly called the officer over and surprisingly it went very smoothly. He had me remove and place it in a lockbox and sign a 'receipt.' Upon leaving, they asked me to bring my vehicle around and they would return it to me outside. Signed another document and they opened the case and returned it to me. It was unloaded and locked open, and all the rounds were in a zipper bag. No problem, and I went on my way.

(Adams County)

Quote Originally Posted by esh21167 View Post
    Somewhat related story. Go to the Reading Hospital ER with my daughter for a true emergency. Walk in the entrance and metal detectors, security guards, and a Reading police officer. They take her and mom in, while other daughter is parking the car in the garage. I inform them politely that have a LTCF and have a handgun, but was a bit nervous. Security quietly called the officer over and surprisingly it went very smoothly. He had me remove and place it in a lockbox and sign a 'receipt.' Upon leaving, they asked me to bring my vehicle around and they would return it to me outside. Signed another document and they opened the case and returned it to me. It was unloaded and locked open, and all the rounds were in a zipper bag. No problem, and I went on my way.
    Did they supply Vaseline or did you have to bring your own?

(Philadelphia County)

So did you unload it before locking it up or did they do it after you went on your way? Doesn't sound to secure to me either way if someone is handling a firearm in a crowded place.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by jtwalker View Post
    Did they supply Vaseline or did you have to bring your own?
    All was very civil.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeinPhilly View Post
    So did you unload it before locking it up or did they do it after you went on your way? Doesn't sound to secure to me either way if someone is handling a firearm in a crowded place.
    I removed the mag and the chambered round. They emptied the rounds from the mag. It was 'behind the curtain' so to speak so only the guard, the cop, and I were present/visible. I moved deliberately and slowly and they did not seem on high alert or concerned. Well, the guard seemed a little off because I guess this was out of the ordinary. (He was not an armed guard.) The cop was calm, cool, and polite about the whole thing.

Fear of 'handling' a firearm in public seems a little bit of an over reaction.

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

All was very civil.

I removed the mag and the chambered round. They emptied the rounds from the mag. It was 'behind the curtain' so to speak so only the guard, the cop, and I were present/visible. I moved deliberately and slowly and they did not seem on high alert or concerned. Well, the guard seemed a little off because I guess this was out of the ordinary. (He was not an armed guard.) The cop was calm, cool, and polite about the whole thing.

Fear of 'handling' a firearm in public seems a little bit of an over reaction.
    How is that "fear"? Professionals know that there's a chance of an AD when people are unloading firearms, which is why they plan for it with products like this. Allowing any yokel who walks in off the street to unload in public without planning for accidents is just plain stupid.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast