Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default PICS story: instant approval in Nov, in research early this morning.

Hi guys,

I’m not sure my situation is the same with anyone in here, but I think there might be at least one or two case as same as mine. Long short story, I have 1 case against me long time ago, but it got withdrawn and never got to trail. Another one is my 1st DUI and I got it clear up. After my DUI cleared up, I got my CCW back in July, bought my 5th gun in November ‘19 (first 2 before the case, another 2 during the time after the case and before the DUI) and my PICS check took literally not even more than 10 mins.

Fast forward to this morning, I got mine background check “In Research”. I’m not in the rush to get it, but it’s a little bit “annoying” I would say. Because why I didn’t get my background put on research back in Nov, but now?

Anyway, just a little rant. Still have 15 days for them to answer. Hope y’all ain’t going through them same thing that I did.

(Franklin County)

Default Re: PICS story: instant approval in Nov, in research early this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by kawclint View Post
    Hi guys,

I’m not sure my situation is the same with anyone in here, but I think there might be at least one or two case as same as mine. Long short story, I have 1 case against me long time ago, but it got withdrawn and never got to trail. Another one is my 1st DUI and I got it clear up. After my DUI cleared up, I got my CCW back in July, bought my 5th gun in November ‘19 (first 2 before the case, another 2 during the time after the case and before the DUI) and my PICS check took literally not even more than 10 mins.

Fast forward to this morning, I got mine background check “In Research”. I’m not in the rush to get it, but it’s a little bit “annoying” I would say. Because why I didn’t get my background put on research back in Nov, but now?

Anyway, just a little rant. Still have 15 days for them to answer. Hope y’all ain’t going through them same thing that I did.
    It's possible that during that time, someone with a similar name has been charged with a crime that has made them prohibited, even if only on a temporary basis. The research *could* be to clarify that you and that hypothetical person are indeed two different people, and to make sure you're the one that's in the clear. It's possible it has nothing at all to do with any of your own actual history.

If you are inevitably denied, you will be told why, so you can submit an appeal if you feel the denial was in error.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: PICS story: instant approval in Nov, in research early this morning.

Had a delay happen a couple years ago. No explanation. Just delayed.

Shit sometimes just happens.
    There is no greater sorrow than to recall in misery the time when we were happy - Dante.

I suspect that there is another person in PA somewhere with the same/similar name with the same/similar date of birth. I have been put into research a few times. I am squeaky clean. It IS frustrating.

(Philadelphia County)

Thank you for all of your replies. But yet, my last night might a little bit "unique" I would say, but we never know. Maybe maybe not. But I will keep this update whenever something happens. Thanks again.

(Juniata County)

Quote Originally Posted by ar15jules View Post
    I suspect that there is another person in PA somewhere with the same/similar name with the same/similar date of birth. I have been put into research a few times. I am squeaky clean. It IS frustrating.
    There is a unique id number you can get to prevent this issue. I’m sure someone who knows the process will be alone to help.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Delaware County)

I was put into undetermined status less than a month ago. Lo and behold it was because of someone using my name in the neighborhood i lived in 11 years ago. All the infor entered into the system was weong except for my name. With a dozen or so transfers between then and now. I got it cleared up in two weeks with a challenge form. Check out the UJS portal online or an app called PAeDocket. They are handy tools to have in future.

(Philadelphia County)

Updated: I got approved by Friday morning, the shop didn’t call me but it’s ok. But thank you guys for everything.

Now I’m going to another 300blk build haha again thank you

I had a delay once due to a guy with similar name. If you give your SSN at the beginning, it helps avoid those delays for research. They have your info already, no reason to withhold your SSN for privacy reasons.

Glad you are in the clear.

(York County)

I was just denied a purchase after buying a handgun in January. I have no clue how I slipped through the PICS cracks for so long. I’m freaked out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast