Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Smile Re: Opinions on Taurus TX22?

Pass on the Glock 44,Pass on the TX 22 ( issues with barrel and springs not seating right ) Go with a S&W Compact 22 lr.Flawless,accurate conceals better than the other choices. JMO

Default Re: Opinions on Taurus TX22?

The barrel issues have been corrected, and I have read some complaints about the recoil springs and the frames but very few vs the amount of people owning them including some local gun dealers so it looks like that may have been addressed by Taurus as well.

Lakeline makes a different recoil assembly for them now as well as a few different fiber optic sight options as well.

https://lakelinellc.com/shop/lakelin...r-taurus-tx22/

The S&W is a good option though, even my full size which was made by Walther more specially Umarex ran very well on pretty much all ammo. I personally would still go with the TX22 due to the price and over all improvements even if it requires some small tuning.

Quote Originally Posted by MARINE DIVISION TWO View Post
    Pass on the Glock 44,Pass on the TX 22 ( issues with barrel and springs not seating right ) Go with a S&W Compact 22 lr.Flawless,accurate conceals better than the other choices. JMO

My wife's M&P 22 pistol is finicky as fuck with ammo. It's been to S&W and their response was "use high quality, high velocity ammo." Tried that and it's still just meh when it comes to reliability. The TX22 runs on everything I've fed it so far.

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by DucatiRon View Post
    Browning Buckmark. Ya its not as compact but it works.

Good quality ammo is my belief to make any 22 run good though. Fuck that cheap ass Rem thunderbolt bucket of bullets shit ammo.
    I love how much you hate that shit ammo! Haha. Yeah, my dad shot that through his 10/22 last year and had so many issues with it ... good thing he still has 400 or so rounds of it to shoot!

I have no interest in an M&P or a glock. If there were a second pistol up for consideration, it would be a Beretta 92FSR or M9-22.
    Last edited by Misery Loves Shotguns; February 7th, 2020 at 04:09 PM.

(Bucks County)

I purchased one. Liked the ergo's , 16 rd mag was nice. Was pretty reliable. The barrel issue has not been resolved. And there's another issue the recoil assembly. There is an after market solution to the recoil assembly now. It's available from LLC LAKELAND. My TX22 4500 rds and then this;20190613_125240.jpg Slide literally cracked. Took 9 weeks at Taurus and came back with a new slide but with the same recoil assembly. Taurus ran 32 rds through it before they sent it back. You could see that the new slide was already being damaged by the defective recoil assembly. Traded it in the day I got it back. Nice gun , poorly designed , terrible company.

Quote Originally Posted by triplebike View Post
    I purchased one. Liked the ergo's , 16 rd mag was nice. Was pretty reliable. The barrel issue has not been resolved. And there's another issue the recoil assembly. There is an after market solution to the recoil assembly now. It's available from LLC LAKELAND. My TX22 4500 rds and then this;20190613_125240.jpg Slide literally cracked. Took 9 weeks at Taurus and came back with a new slide but with the same recoil assembly. Taurus ran 32 rds through it before they sent it back. You could see that the new slide was already being damaged by the defective recoil assembly. Traded it in the day I got it back. Nice gun , poorly designed , terrible company.

I've put about 600 rounds through mine, no idea how many the previous owner put through it, and it doesn't look anything like that. The only thing that's worn even slightly is the end of the plastic guide rod. I plan to rectify that with a Lakeline recoil assembly when they're back in stock.

(Bucks County)

Just the fact that LLC LAKELAND is out of stock tells me that it's a widespread problem. Just like the barrel issue Taurus has dropped the ball on the defective designed recoil assembly as well. Taurus is just a terrible customer oriented company.

Just the fact that LLC LAKELAND is out of stock tells me that it's a widespread problem. Just like the barrel issue Taurus has dropped the ball on the defective designed recoil assembly as well. Taurus is just a terrible customer oriented company.
    I can understand why you feel this way, however my experience with them has been the exact opposite. They were easy to deal with and had my firearm back to me within 3 weeks fixed and has been running fine ever since.

Aftermarket parts being out of stock is a rough way to judge if there is a wide spread issue or not. There are thousands of Glock owners who have half the gun changed out to aftermarket crap before they even shoot the pistol. I don't know much about Lakeline and never heard of them until I started looking for aftermarket sights for this pistol if I were to get one. I do not know what their manufacturing or production capabilities are, so are they just out of stock on a product they didn't make a whole lot of because they are the only ones who make it, or are they getting swamped with orders and trying to keep up with demand because of wide spread issues?

Either way the TX22 isn't perfect obviously but how bad overall is it, I guess just depends on the one you get.

(Beaver County)

Just the fact that LLC LAKELAND is out of stock tells me that it's a widespread problem.
    To be clear, I lost interest in the pistol but an aftermarket part being out of stock does NOT indicate it's a widespread issue. Lots of people buy aftermarket parts because they love to waste money on parts that they believe are "improvements". My beloved Beretta 92 for example; lots of people on the Beretta group talk about "upgrading" to steel guide rods but my experience has been that the captive polymer guide rod shoots flatter and more importantly, I have never heard of anyone breaking a guide rod.

(Bucks County)

Just do a little research and you'll see that the Taurus recoil assembly is faulty. Some owners are modifying the assembly themselves with washers or modifying the recoil spring end. The new replacement barrels are STILL on backorder. For Lakeland to design and manufacture that assembly, they must of seen a need to make it. My Slide cracked after 4500 + rds. I wonder how many tx22 owners have put that many rds through theirs. The amount of damage to the slide depends on how faulty the recoil spring is. It's just like their crappy barrels, most Taurus owners don't even realize there barrel is bad & surely don't check the slide for recoil spring damage. Taurus is banking on low gun usage from it's customer base, they knew that the barrels were crap, they knew the recoil assembly was crap and they still put the gun to market. If they didn't know then what's that tell you?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast