Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Luzerne County)

Default Gun control bill introduced in PA budget

Anyone else get an email from the NRA saying that Wolf put a bunch of gun control items in a bill that will be looked at in the summer? Red flag laws, punishments for people that have had their firearms stolen, fire arm storage laws. I’m new to a lot of this but I’m learning. Since all of these states started implementing these bills it woke me up. I was hoping to get involved in doing something before things got worse in PA. Bloomberg is basically buying our rights.

(Berks County)

Default Re: Gun control bill introduced in PA budget

I saw a post by Wolf referring to it. I can't understand how gun laws can be incorporated into the budget.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Erie County)

He did for the children while at the same time is slashing $50M from the public school security budget.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by tourrider View Post
    He did for the children while at the same time is slashing $50M from the public school security budget.
    They need AstroTurf and scoreboards, not security.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Columbia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    I saw a post by Wolf referring to it. I can't understand how gun laws can be incorporated into the budget.
    Exactly, I thought they ruled that scrap metal theft law with pro gun legislation attached to it unconstitutional because they were two separate issues.

Quote Originally Posted by God and Guns View Post
    Anyone else get an email from the NRA saying that Wolf put a bunch of gun control items in a bill that will be looked at in the summer? Red flag laws, punishments for people that have had their firearms stolen, fire arm storage laws. I’m new to a lot of this but I’m learning. Since all of these states started implementing these bills it woke me up. I was hoping to get involved in doing something before things got worse in PA. Bloomberg is basically buying our rights.
    Welcome to the forum and thank you for getting involved! I don't know many details about the budget proposal yet, but I recommend contacting your legislators and telling them you expect them to oppose any budget that funds gun control initiatives.

I can tell you Gov. Northam in VA tried the same thing by putting money in the budget to fund enforcement of gun control laws that haven't even been passed yet. Wolf is looking to do the same thing here. If PA doesn't get out in front of this, we will look like VA soon.
    I am not a lawyer.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    They need AstroTurf and scoreboards, not security.
    Sad but true.
    Gunowner99 - NRA Benefactor Life Member

(Luzerne County)

That’s what I’m trying to do, get ahead of it. Wouldn’t the money be better spent on school security than taking my private property? If you’re that concerned about our children in school the money should be going for metal detectors or school security guards. Shopping malls hire security to police the area, why not have the same for our kids. I’m tired of them trying to pass on safety by removing my constitutional right to defend myself. I’m telling you, something big is coming that they are trying to disarm us so quickly. I like trump but I don’t see him doing a damn thing to counter all of these laws. Red flag laws are totally unconstitutional! Sorry guys, I’m just fired up today. Lol

(Montgomery County)

This is the full NRA alert.

https://www.nraila.org/articles/2020...aign=ila_alert

Pennsylvania: Governor Wolf Uses 2020 Budget Address to Outline Extreme Gun Control

Tuesday, February 4, 2020

During his 2020 Budget Address, Pennsylvania Governor Tom Wolf appeared to have bought-in to the anti-gun narrative that law-abiding gun owners are the problem, not criminals. Coming on the heels of an anti-freedom lobby day by Bloomberg’s Moms Demand Action, the Governor’s proposed gun control agenda includes:

Extreme gun confiscation measures often referred to as “red flag” laws that authorize the seizure of firearms without due process.
    Criminalizing private transfers of firearms.
    Imposing punishments on victims that have had their firearms stolen.
    Creating firearm storage laws that remove a homeowner’s ability to quickly access their own firearm for self-defense.

This agenda is straight from former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg and his anti-gun largesse, driven by his front-groups Everytown for Gun Safety and Moms Demand Action.

These bills have one thing in common; they don’t go after criminals, they target law-abiding gun owners and the Second Amendment.

Following Governor Wolf’s speech, it is more important than ever that Pennsylvania’s gun owners, hunters and sportsmen stay-vigilant and take action during the 2020 Legislative Session. Stay-tuned to NRA-ILA’s Alerts for information and updates.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Allegheny County)

I took a quick look at the budget proposal and didn't see anything other than increases for "gun violence" prevention. It didn't include any legislative initiatives that I found. Did he just use the speech to push for the legislation or is in print somewhere?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast