Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Remington is out of the Black rifle market and back to making only good gun's.

I saw this on another site I frequent.

Is Remington Leaving the MSR Market? DPMS, Bushmaster and TAPCO Sites are Shuttered

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/is...are-shuttered/

Remington Outdoor Company informed RSR at the SHOT Show that they will be focusing on their core hunting and shooting brands – AAC, Barnes, Marlin and Remington. Bushmaster, DPMS, StormLake Barrels and Tapco will no longer be produced, with the exception of the Bushmaster BA50.
    I am sure the advertising lawsuit that is against them for the Sandy Hook shooting helped them to make this decision even they did not manufacture the Bushmaster used in that killing since they did not own them yet.

(Berks County)

Default Re: Remington is out of the Black rifle market and back to making only good gun's.

the antigun group will claim victory over this. but the issue is there are just so many AR manufacturers.

Default Re: Remington is out of the Black rifle market and back to making only good gun's.

Quote Originally Posted by akley88 View Post
    the antigun group will claim victory over this. but the issue is there are just so many AR manufacturers.
    Remington did file chapter 11 in either 2018 or early 2019 so financial issues were already preset within the company.

(Bucks County)

Strange time to exit the businesses. I'd anticipate a rush to buy during the obviously pending laws. Shows what I know. Suppose Bloomterd made them an offer they couldn't refuse?

I'm guessing the market is saturated, there are too many competitors, the economy is so good people are buying higher end stuff, or building their own.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

(Allegheny County)

As mentioned by someone in the "Deals" thread - that explains why CDNN Sports has so many DPMS, Bushmaster, and Remington AR15s and mixes of those for complete uppers right now - they must have bought up all the inventory.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Columbia County)

Tactically the only firearm remington ever made that I like was the remington 870 shotgun. I recall they were always nervous about selling the police models to the public. At one time they about had the monopoly on shotguns for police patrol. , that is until police adopted the AR 15 carbines for patrol use.
    Last edited by eagleclaw; February 6th, 2020 at 01:08 PM.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    Remington did file chapter 11 in either 2018 or early 2019 so financial issues were already preset within the company.
    im aware of that. all i meant is there are so many AR builders that im not surprise they are pulling out of the market.

(Juniata County)

Odd a company that wants to focus on hunting rifles is abandoning what is fat becoming the most popular hunting platform on the market.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by akley88 View Post
    The AR market is very competitive. I suspect its strictly a business decision.

Remington and Marlin have a good reputation in the hunting firearm market.

(Chester County)

If a judge agrees victims can sue manufactures when their products are misused by the public, then he must agree any injuries etc. caused by vehicles.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast