Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Chester County)

Default Re: Remington is out of the Black rifle market and back to making only good gun's.

Anti gun lawyers found a way around the law to be able to sue manufacturers for the misuse of their products. That suit occurred in Massachusetts so I'm not sure if it has any effect outside of that communist held territory. With so many manufacturers out there there are enough AR15's to go around. Palmetto Armory probably sells more now than Remington ever did. Most of Remington's manufacturing now is done outside of New York State so only a small bit of specialty and custom work is done in the original factory. Colt no longer manufacturers AR's for the civilian market because of their burdensome union labor costs. Money talks and BS walks as always.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Perry County)

Default Re: Remington is out of the Black rifle market and back to making only good gun's.

Quote Originally Posted by ItchyTick View Post
    The AR market is very competitive. I suspect its strictly a business decision.

Remington and Marlin have a good reputation in the hunting firearm market.
    I would say only for those that are uninformed. Remington Marlins are a poor substitute for original Marlins and Remington has been putting out junk for a decade or more. Remington survives only because of their name recognition.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

''Cost~benefit analysis'' !

I'm also of the opinion that AR's are just not profitable for Remington.

The mid-level AR market is just saturated. Rem is stuck in the middle of the road , between the build it yourself as cheap as possible and really high tech / high dollar guns. Remington simply has not shown the commitment or quality to compete , or any aggressive marketing savvy. Remington's quality rep has been terrible since becoming part of the big investment group.

I've got a couple older Bushmasters and a few Marlins and Remingtons that are almost as old , or older than I am.
    Last edited by abner13; February 6th, 2020 at 05:20 PM.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

Quote Originally Posted by PAMedic=F|A= View Post
    Odd a company that wants to focus on hunting rifles is abandoning what is fat becoming the most popular hunting platform on the market.
    I ask the same question. If they are killing of modern sporting rifles then why are they dropping Marlin? Marlin is a lever action.
    I'm a Rep Virgin

Quote Originally Posted by Square Bag View Post
    I ask the same question. If they are killing of modern sporting rifles then why are they dropping Marlin? Marlin is a lever action.
    They are not dropping Marlin.

Taken from the main article.

Remington Outdoor Company informed RSR at the SHOT Show that they will be focusing on their core hunting and shooting brands – AAC, Barnes, Marlin and Remington. Bushmaster, DPMS, StormLake Barrels and Tapco will no longer be produced, with the exception of the Bushmaster BA50.
    Here is their new banner.

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    They are not dropping Marlin.

Taken from the main article.

Here is their new banner.

Damn commas. I stand corrected.
    I'm a Rep Virgin

(Lancaster County)

Remington has been dead to me for years. When I was younger, Remington was the default choice but slips in quality put them in the bottom of the list.

(Chester County)

I just bought a Remington 870. Still better quality than a Mossberg. It wasn't made in New York either.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Mifflin County)

Quote Originally Posted by slickracer View Post
    Remington has been dead to me for years. When I was younger, Remington was the default choice but slips in quality put them in the bottom of the list.
    yup , they build junk now !

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12