Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Chester County)

Default Cameron Ace Hardware, Oxford PA

Stopped in there the other day to buy staples, and they have apparently expanded their gun counter considerably since the last time I was there. They have a reasonable inventory of guns, and some were on sale, which you don't see at most gun shops. I got a pang of buyer's remorse when I saw a gun that I bought from another shop last year for about $75 less than what I paid. They will receive and transfer guns for you (like from GunBroker) for $40, which I think is the standard price. The guy at the counter seemed very friendly and helpful, but I have to offer the disclaimer that I have never bought a gun there or used them to receive one. Has anybody here done business with them?

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Cameron Ace Hardware, Oxford PA

I bought a shot gun there a few years ago. No issues.
    Nice enough people.
    I stop in there whenever I am in the neighborhood.
    God Bless the American Armed Forces, Thank You All.

(Chester County)

Best prices around for sure. Like most shops if they don't have it they will try to order it for you.
    I was also told ages ago that if you see an online deal you like, take into them and they will try to price match the gun + shipping. They are not a big shop and don't have the buying power that Buds has but they will try.

I have bought a FEW guns from them and have no complaints but I am not crazy about the $40 xfer especially on return customers.

Hard to believe an Ace Hardware store sells guns. Gotta love rural PA. LOL
    Jimmy cracked corn and HE didn't care! Why should I?

They are trying their best right now. Purchase guns by appointment only right now. I just had a firearm transferred there from Pittsburgh. They checked it in yesterday and said I can probably come in on Monday to do the transfer paperwork and take possession. I’m still waiting for the phone call and appointment window. I’ll let you know how it goes

Update....things went very well. They actually called me in early to do the paperwork. Very friendly in these hard times they were very good. They even sold me the last bit of 9mm ammunition that they had on the shelf that day. Even though people kept coming in asking for it while I was there they kept it reserved for me (it wasn’t a lot, and I did ask for it immediately upon arriving to the counter). Good people.
    Last edited by Tin Soldier; April 12th, 2020 at 07:14 AM.

Stopped in there yesterday for some trout bait. They were still very busy and excepting firearms sales appointments. Still a great option for anyone within reach of Western in Chester County