Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    (Lycoming County)

Default Re: Should I buy this pointless firearm?

Sometimes we buy guns we like, just because we like them. I'm not a person that thinks every gun I own has to serve a purpose other than I think it's cool. If you think it's $450 cool, then go for it. I've spent close to that on a range toy.

(Mercer County)

I have 22lr with 11/8 barrel, shot it once with original grip, and that was enough. Just not enough to hold onto. I bought the folding grip and installed, but have not shot yet. Novelty gun, not not much more.

(Wayne County)

I love my NAA Black Widow. It is pretty much dedicated to riding in my fishing chest pack while wearing waders. Not as big as a P3AT or a J frame, but big enough to discourage stray dogs when fishing at night, etc.

I would encourage anyone considering getting a NAA revolver to get one. They are well made and fill that niche well.

BUT, I got mine used for less than half the one you're looking at. The color case hardening is pretty cool, though. It looks like a nice package. If you don't mind spending $450 on a small revolver, you won't be disappointed with the gun. It isn't a long range shooter, but it does what it does well.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Sandcut; February 2nd, 2020 at 10:04 PM.
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

If you have the extra cash, buy it.

(Columbia County)

Unless one is a collector of novelty guns, especially small guns, leave it in the gun shop. $450.00 is way too much for it even if one was a collector unless it has something to it that makes it more valuable.

(Lehigh County)

Gunbroker has a lot of these at buy now around $400 or a bit less.
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

(Lancaster County)

I have one of the standard 22LR 1.125" barrel and a Black Widow 2" fixed sights with both cylinders, they are both very well made revolvers. I did not pay nearly as much as the one you are looking at, the color case hardening is sweet, for that amount of cash I'd opt for the top break or sidewinder models, I do carry them when a large pistol is not practical, or as a BU /bug out gun. I have very nice pocket holsters with pouches holding 5 rounds

I will say that NAA has excellent customer service, my standard 22LR 1.125" got shot a lot by my nephews when they where little tikes blasting balloons with CB caps in the back yard and started having trigger reset issues. The Black widow was purchased used ( for $99.00 ) and the cylinder pin was of the old style and would walk out and jam up the cylinder rotation with the magnum cylinder installed. I sent them both back to NAA, not only did they they both came back fully repaired (newer style lift and turn pin in the BW) but completely refinished as they where a new revolver, with a work order for each describing all internal parts replaced

Great little revolvers , you will not be dissapointed, fill up a bunch of water balloons and blast them at about 3-5 yards for a lot of giggles

(Allegheny County)

I've shot one of those little, micro revolvers. I thought it was "neat", but never had an urge to shoot one again - the entire concept is lost on me.

Then again, I think suppressors are dumb as fuck, yet lots of people think they are the bestest thing ever. "Oh, look how quiet I made my 22!!!"
    (hey bud, your 22 wasn't loud to begin with)
    People buy what they want - not what makes sense.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

I know a retired NYPD cop who worked Armored car in the 1980s.He kept it unsheathed in his front pocket ! Yep he reached in pocket where he also kept his keys and bang grazing his inner thigh ! Yes another true story from MDT I was there administering first aid !

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by MARINE DIVISION TWO View Post
    I know a retired NYPD cop who worked Armored car in the 1980s.He kept it unsheathed in his front pocket ! Yep he reached in pocket where he also kept his keys and bang grazing his inner thigh ! Yes another true story from MDT I was there administering first aid !
    How was that possible? It's a single-action that you carry uncocked, isn't it?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast