Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Glock 43X vs 43XL vs 48

I’ve owned a Glock 43 since they were released and it’s always been my main edc but it just isn’t as fun to shoot as my Glock 19. When I heard of the 48 being released I knew immediately I wanted to the the slide on my 43. I was pleasantly surprised at the outcome, the 43X felt very similar as far as recoil impulse to the 43 even though I would think the longer and slightly wider frame would would have more of an impact.

The 43XL on the other hand felt much better and closer to the g19. I carry iwb so the barrel length isn’t a huge factor for me. Would a threaded barrel have the same effect or is it the weight of the slide that’s contributing to the softer feel? I have thought about a comp but it’s not that big of a deal and the reliability could be effected as well.

Here’s a pic of the swapped slides

F8335CB3-0B9A-4934-85AD-131D61CFFAAA.jpg
    Last edited by smoke-wagon; February 2nd, 2020 at 09:00 PM.
    Go head, skin it. Skin that smoke wagon and see what happens.

Default Re: Glock 43X vs 43XL vs 48

Having owned all three I will say the Glock 43X is by far the best concealed carry,accurate,dependable,and fills the hand much better than Glock 43 and Glock 48,And why spent money on the Glock 48 when you can get the proven and reliable Glock 19.

I always liked my standard 43 , but the the 43X is the sweet spot for me in every way when it comes to a daily carry pistol. Oc course you have to do the standard must do Glock upgrades like sights and for me an extended slide stop/release but that's my personal preference.

I would recommend to anyone with a standard 43 to invest in a complete OEM 43x frame for about $115.00 if they don't want to spend the coin on an entirely new complete pistol, which is what I was going to do until the poster above me sold a spare off for an excellent price.

With a flush fit reliable 15 round mag option now I am not sure why anyone would conceal carry a G19 anymore?

From what I have read all pre orders have shipped and word is they are good to go as long as you purchase on of their aluminum mag releases. They should be restocked with in a couple of weeks per their web site.

https://shieldarms.com/glock-43x-48-15-round-mag

Last edited by Hodgie; February 3rd, 2020 at 10:25 AM.

(Philadelphia County)

I’ve always found the width to be the problem when carrying concealed, I’ve been carrying with the vickers plus 2 extension in my 43 just to see if the extended length would effect it and it’s been good so far.

I do have a Glock 19 but I carry the 43 so much more.

For my upgrades the serrated trigger has to go, sights are junk and I did put in a vickers slide stop. Lately with the release of the slim Holosun red dots I’m considering having it mulled for a 407/507k.
    Go head, skin it. Skin that smoke wagon and see what happens.

I carried my standard 43 exclusively with the Vickers +2 extensions as well giving me 8 rounds in the mag. Once the 43x came out offering 10+1 at the exact same length grip as what I am already carrying switching over was a no brainier.

I never had any issues with Glock triggers and have never put an aftermarket trigger in a pistol before but I have been thinking about adding the newer Apex SF trigger to my 43x when I get the funds. As far as I know Apex is the only handgun aftermarket trigger maker that has approval as duty rated because they retain all of the original safety aspects and pull weight of the factory. They clean up the break, reset and by changing the geometry of the shoe along with the the flat face trigger it gives the feeling of a lighter crisp pull.

You can find them a bit cheaper from other reputable vendors on line, or just buy their shoe only for about $60.00.

https://store.apextactical.com/WebDi...Details/193378

If your interested here's a very in depth video on them including shots from the Apex factory.
    Last edited by Hodgie; February 3rd, 2020 at 01:20 PM.