Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lower Milling

Default Re: Lower Milling

So, let's invite GunLawyer to the party.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Berncly View Post
    I always have trouble getting my loose change into the stripper's g-string.
    There's a coin slot around back.

(Juniata County)

Quote Originally Posted by WCMG View Post
    https://www.atf.gov/firearms/docs/ru...thing/download

cliff notes from https://gunfightertactical.com/atf-s...-of-80-lowers/

An FFL or unlicensed machine shop may also desire to make available its machinery (e.g., a computer numeric control or “CNC” machine), tools, or equipment to individuals who bring in raw materials, blanks, unfinished frames or receivers and/or other firearm parts for the purpose of creating operable firearms. Under the instruction or supervision of the FFL or unlicensed machine shop, the customers would initiate and/or manipulate the machinery, tools, or equipment to complete the frame or receiver, or entire weapon. The FFL or unlicensed machine shop would typically charge a fee for such activity, or receive some other form of compensation or benefit. This activity may occur either at a fixed premises, such as a machine shop, or a temporary location, such as a gun show or event.

A business (including an association or society) may not avoid the manufacturing license, marking, and recordkeeping requirements under the GCA simply by allowing individuals to initiate or manipulate a CNC machine, or to use machinery, tools, or equipment under its dominion or control to perform manufacturing processes on blanks, unfinished frames or receivers, or incomplete weapons. In these cases, the business controls access to, and use of, its machinery, tools, and equipment. Following manufacture, the business “distributes” a firearm when it returns or otherwise disposes a finished frame or receiver, or complete weapon to its customer. Such individuals or entities are, therefore, “engaged in the business” of manufacturing firearms even though unlicensed individuals may have assisted them in the manufacturing process.

Held, any person (including any corporation or other legal entity) engaged in the business of performing machining, molding, casting, forging, printing (additive manufacturing) or other manufacturing process to create a firearm frame or receiver, or to make a frame or receiver suitable for use as part of a “weapon … which will or is designed to or may readily be converted to expel a projectile by the action of an explosive,” i.e., a “firearm,” must be licensed as a manufacturer under the GCA; identify (mark) any such firearm; and maintain required manufacturer’s records.
    Which doesn’t even touch on the fact that multiple people have been illegally making guns and not getting prosecuted once they lawyer up, and the lawyer points out the atf rule making violates the law, and that under federal law anything with an upper and lower receiver isn’t legally regulated at all. All of a sudden the atf seems to find that the case isn’t that important, and they have other places to be.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by mrat View Post
    There's a coin slot around back.
    Now you tell me...
    I thought that was the credit card swipe...
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by PAMedic=F|A= View Post
    Which doesn’t even touch on the fact that multiple people have been illegally making guns and not getting prosecuted once they lawyer up, and the lawyer points out the atf rule making violates the law, and that under federal law anything with an upper and lower receiver isn’t legally regulated at all. All of a sudden the atf seems to find that the case isn’t that important, and they have other places to be.
    This.

In fact, pretty sure federal judges mentioned that if this keeps getting pushed it's going to upend the UFA/NFA.

There's nothing illegal about me meeting you somewhere and selling you a mill, and jig. Then you sell it and they sell it and they sell it and somehow I end up buying it back.....

(Juniata County)

Quote Originally Posted by icp4life162005 View Post
    This.

In fact, pretty sure federal judges mentioned that if this keeps getting pushed it's going to upend the UFA/NFA.
    What would be such a shame.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Allegheny County)

Yinz guys are going to ruin it for everybody

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by DukeConnor View Post
    Yinz guys are going to ruin it for everybody
    That's funny right there.

Has anyone else read that six page decision? I'd like to discuss what's in it and see what we come up with. One of the things that I think I saw was the issue that the finished product changes hands, or ownership gets 'transferred' without being registered. Am I alone on seeing this?
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Warren County)

Quote Originally Posted by icp4life162005 View Post
    This.

And when it does, does Lon Hourchi refund Vickie Weavers life because the shotgun is and was of legal length?

Didn't think so.
    American by BIRTH, Infidel by CHOICE

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast