Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 71

Thread: Courthouse

  1. #41
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Cherry Tree, Pennsylvania
    (Indiana County)
    Age
    72
    Posts
    5,483
    Rep Power
    21474855

    Default Re: Courthouse

    Quote Originally Posted by PAMedic=F|A= View Post
    Ah, but just think it the lovely opportunity to point out during jury selection that you don’t think you could trust a single word that came out of the Judges, or DA’s mouth considering their demonstrates track record of withholding relevant from the jury pool, in regards to Fundamental civil rights exercised by members of the jury pool, and how deeply disappointing this attempt at official oppression under color of law is, especially considering your concerns over jury pool tampering.
    Sounds like someone's got a chip on his shoulder.

  2. #42
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Dover, Pennsylvania
    (York County)
    Posts
    1,821
    Rep Power
    21474845

    Default Re: Courthouse

    Quote Originally Posted by gun-bunny View Post
    I have jury duty coming up next week, anything worth knowing about in Dauphin Co courthouse? My jury summons says DO NOT bring your firearm. That doesn't sit well with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by PAMedic=F|A= View Post
    .... and how deeply disappointing this attempt at official oppression under color of law is, especially considering your concerns over jury pool tampering.
    PAMedic makes a great point, go speak with the court administrators office or clerk of the courts and bring this up. They have no right to try and dissuade citizens from carrying firearms into the courthouse. Sometimes a judge comes out for discussion and Q&A with the jury on day 1 (they do in York County), and it would be the perfect time to politely ask the question. Something to the effect of, “ your honor, would you consider the courts request for jurors to come unarmed to the courthouse, even though it’s legal and the state legislator has specifically provided lockers for those with an LTCF, to be official oppression under the color of law?”
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God.

  3. #43
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Bala Cynwyd, Pennsylvania
    (Montgomery County)
    Posts
    1,338
    Rep Power
    16473033

    Default Re: Courthouse

    Quote Originally Posted by jthrelf View Post
    Definition of a glorified security guard - LOSER.

    I almost had a similar situation at Montco. I stepped up to security and said I had a firearm to check in - the way the guy reacted you'd of thought I said "I have a gun and I'll pull it out right freaking now!!!!!!!!". He told me to put my hands way up and asked if I was a cop. I replied with - "what does that matter?". After I got done with Mr. Mall Cop another deputy rolled his eyes and said I'll take you over here and situated me with a locker - with no issues. So in the ~4 times I've been there, it's usually been smooth sailing.
    Monto sent out an explicit "DO NOT BRING YOUR FIREARM TO THE COURTHOUSE" note with my renewal paperwork. When I showed up (gun locked in my vehicle) I asked the deputies about that. They said something to the affect of "I wouldn't be unarmed in Norristown, just bring it next time."

    So, next time I will.

  4. #44
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Oakland Mills, Pennsylvania
    (Juniata County)
    Posts
    3,571
    Rep Power
    21474847

    Default Re: Courthouse

    Quote Originally Posted by Statkowski View Post
    Sounds like someone's got a chip on his shoulder.
    I can only assume that is because I was using talk and type as I was feeding my baby, this distracted.

    To the best of my recollection the only personal interaction I’ve ever had with a DA in any county was as a witness in a shaken baby case. And a professional conference about the opioid “epidemic”. Those interactions were not in the same area as any of the other posters on this thread, and I would say were neutral.

    So no chip. However a member of the jury is an important check on the judicial, executive (DA/police), and legislative branches, and the jury as a body stands above them all in authority, with no check on their own power. With this comes great responsibility.

    For such a letter to be allowed to be written shows a lack of respect for the law by the prosecutor attorney and the DA’s office as a whole. It is blatant disrespect for the fundamental rights ever person possesses, and show as gross lack of personal & professional character, egregious enough to call into doubt any evidence he presents.

    The same is equally true, but even more appalling forthr judge, who is supposed to run the court room and serve as an impartial Expert, weighing the law without prejudice. Such a letter shows the judge as no regard at all for the law.

    And coming from government officials, who hold great power, who are Deliberately spreading lies. Not mistakes, lies, as they walk past the signs every day, is nothing less then an official oppression, and suppression of the juries first, 2nd & 13th amendment rights, and tampering with the jury pool by eliminating those who believe in self defense, and that a person, not the State is responsible for safety of themselves and their community. It is very telling that this also overlaps with the population most educated on jury nullification: the check on power for a corrupt judiciary and district attorney.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

    "I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

  5. #45
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
    (Dauphin County)
    Posts
    110
    Rep Power
    3582547

    Default Re: Courthouse

    Thanks PAMedic=F|A=, you gave me a lot to think about.

  6. #46
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Cherry Tree, Pennsylvania
    (Indiana County)
    Age
    72
    Posts
    5,483
    Rep Power
    21474855

    Default Re: Courthouse

    Quote Originally Posted by PAMedic=F|A= View Post
    I can only assume that is because I was using talk and type as I was feeding my baby, this distracted.
    Okay, now I know where you're coming from. Dollars to doughnuts, though, I'd wager the judge has no idea whatsoever (or involvement) with initial jury selection and basic instructions given thereto. Lower-echelon flunkies handle stuff like that.

    However, such a mention about handguns should be brought to the Court Administrator's attention.

  7. #47
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Glockin, Pennsylvania
    (Montgomery County)
    Posts
    2,885
    Rep Power
    21474845

    Default Re: Courthouse

    Quote Originally Posted by gun-bunny View Post
    Thanks PAMedic=F|A=, you gave me a lot to think about.
    If you don't use it, you lose it. I would certainly carry with the intention of lawfully storing your firearm.

  8. #48
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
    (Philadelphia County)
    Posts
    2,851
    Rep Power
    21474846

    Default Re: Courthouse

    Quote Originally Posted by PAMedic=F|A= View Post
    I can only assume that is because I was using talk and type as I was feeding my baby, this distracted.

    To the best of my recollection the only personal interaction I’ve ever had with a DA in any county was as a witness in a shaken baby case. And a professional conference about the opioid “epidemic”. Those interactions were not in the same area as any of the other posters on this thread, and I would say were neutral.

    So no chip. However a member of the jury is an important check on the judicial, executive (DA/police), and legislative branches, and the jury as a body stands above them all in authority, with no check on their own power. With this comes great responsibility.

    For such a letter to be allowed to be written shows a lack of respect for the law by the prosecutor attorney and the DA’s office as a whole. It is blatant disrespect for the fundamental rights ever person possesses, and show as gross lack of personal & professional character, egregious enough to call into doubt any evidence he presents.

    The same is equally true, but even more appalling forthr judge, who is supposed to run the court room and serve as an impartial Expert, weighing the law without prejudice. Such a letter shows the judge as no regard at all for the law.

    And coming from government officials, who hold great power, who are Deliberately spreading lies. Not mistakes, lies, as they walk past the signs every day, is nothing less then an official oppression, and suppression of the juries first, 2nd & 13th amendment rights, and tampering with the jury pool by eliminating those who believe in self defense, and that a person, not the State is responsible for safety of themselves and their community. It is very telling that this also overlaps with the population most educated on jury nullification: the check on power for a corrupt judiciary and district attorney.
    I believe you are way over thinking this. While a courthouse HAS to provide firearm storage for people entering, including jurors, how many lockers should it have? Someone else said theirs has 5. Should it be 10, 20, 50, 100?

    If every potential juror showed up and needed weapon storage, would it overwhelm their capacity? While they are legally bound to provide the storage, there may be logistical issues also.

    I don’t think it is a malicious assault on ones civil rights or an attempt to tamper with a jury, just an attempt to avoid a storage overload, however improper it may be.

  9. #49
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Cherry Tree, Pennsylvania
    (Indiana County)
    Age
    72
    Posts
    5,483
    Rep Power
    21474855

    Default Re: Courthouse

    The annual Gun Rights rally at the state capitol overwhelms their capacity, every time. They deal with it.

  10. #50
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Oakland Mills, Pennsylvania
    (Juniata County)
    Posts
    3,571
    Rep Power
    21474847

    Default Re: Courthouse

    Quote Originally Posted by Statkowski View Post
    The annual Gun Rights rally at the state capitol overwhelms their capacity, every time. They deal with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    I believe you are way over thinking this. While a courthouse HAS to provide firearm storage for people entering, including jurors, how many lockers should it have? Someone else said theirs has 5. Should it be 10, 20, 50, 100?

    If every potential juror showed up and needed weapon storage, would it overwhelm their capacity? While they are legally bound to provide the storage, there may be logistical issues also.

    I don’t think it is a malicious assault on ones civil rights or an attempt to tamper with a jury, just an attempt to avoid a storage overload, however improper it may be.
    To the OP: statements about you made on my observation and for the sake of debate. If they seem critical I beg your understanding.
    Statkowski hit my immediate response.

    But I disagree that I am over thinking it.

    We have, the a OP. A member since 2012, but who has only made 27 posts. Not a “regular”, who felt compelled to use this resource (the forum) to try and find out what the law is, and Make an informed choice about his actions. He was compelled to take actions due to the fear of punishment by the government.

    What if he, like most Pennsylvanians was ignorant of this resource. What if he had forgotten about the forum? What, if being unwilling to forgo his responsibility to protect himself he was unwilling to to serve on the jury and thus found a way to get out of it. We have a documented case, in the original post, of jury tampering and official oppression. The alleged reason for “why” is irrelevant.

    If it is to burdensome for the court to do their job, why should anyone else? The answer is they are required to provide storage so they have to have “enough”.I don’t care if they store them in a plastic box sitting on the judges throne, or just tell every juror that the court considers their holster a storage locker and to keep it there.
    Last edited by PAMedic=F|A=; February 8th, 2020 at 12:22 PM.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

    "I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Courthouse
    By Foenix in forum Concealed Carry
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: October 13th, 2011, 02:33 PM
  2. Courthouse in levittown
    By JUNKMAN JIM in forum Concealed & Open Carry
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: March 2nd, 2011, 09:13 PM
  3. Courthouse question
    By Pro2A in forum Concealed Carry
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: May 18th, 2010, 05:17 PM
  4. Anyone seen these at the courthouse?
    By LastManOut in forum General
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: October 27th, 2008, 01:02 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Local gun shops | Local shooting ranges | Philadelphia Shooting Ranges | Philadelphia Gun Shops | Pittsburgh Shooting Ranges | Pittsburgh Gun Shops