Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Courthouse

(Dauphin County)

Default Re: Courthouse

Anyone have any experience with Dauphin County? I have jury duty coming up.

(Wayne County)

Wayne county has self check in boxes right before the magic magnet machine. Deputies have always been polite to me.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bmil13 View Post
    Sounds pretty reasonable. Well Fayette County is not like that. Today I walked in and informed the Security Guard that I had a firearm I needed to check in. He replied back and said, don't reach for it and you better have a permit for that. I told him I do and I wont reach for it, it's in the front, I appendix carry. As I stepped through the metal detector I had my hands around shoulder height (Old habits from work when I was a CO.) Anyways as soon as I stepped through he took a step towards me and reached for my waist where my pistol was. As he did this I took a step back and he said I'll remove your firearm. At this time I told him I'd rather not because I dont want him pointing my firearm at me as he removes it. (I've been around this guy before and he has no regard for safety) he then unsnapped his holster and put his hand on his firearm. I then said to him don't do that just call your supervisor cause you do this stuff to me everytime I come down here. So then he told me to remove the firearm In the holster and hand it to him, so I did. As he walked towards the lock boxes he tells me that I need to leave my firearm in my vehicle (yeah that's a great idea, leave a firearm unsecure in my vehicle outside of the courthouse and jail where criminals are. Solid plan) which I said to him. He then told me if I'm going to be a smart ass he will confiscate my firearm and I'll be arrested. At this point I cant help but to laugh at him and said please do. this would have totally made my day. Anyways I went and did business and when I came back to retrieve my firearm he had a deputy waiting there for me to tell me how I was a bad boy and how I need to conduct myself. When he handed my firearm back to me he then unsnapped his holster again and put his hand on his pistol. I then told him just stop, if you are that scared it's time to get a new job. He was also got angry when I informed him he wrote down the wrong serial number as my glock 19 has 3 different serial numbers on it since the barrel, slide, and frame don't match.
    Please contact the Sheriff and politely but firmly explain what is going on and ask him to please instruct his deputies correctly.
    Tell him you are extremely concerned that this deputy's behavior is both antagonistic and dangerous, and may lead to an accidental shooting.
    Be polite, be professional, and focus on concern for safety as opposed to getting the deputy in trouble.

If you don't have the presence of mind to talk to the Sheriff by phone, then put it in writing.
    If you don't have the skills to write a good letter, I or others can edit your written draft.
    It sounds like you go there often, so it is in your best interest to handle this properly and prevent an accident.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Bucks County)

I guess i'm going to hate myself for asking.

philly courthouse. what is the protocol for checking a weapon?
    There is no greater sorrow than to recall in misery the time when we were happy - Dante.

(Indiana County)

Your Fayette County rent-a-cop security guard needs an attitude adjustment and education by his employer. Notify your sheriff in writing. Just cut and paste your posting here if necessary.

(Bucks County)

Sounds pretty reasonable. Well Fayette County is not like that. Today I walked in and informed the Security Guard that I had a firearm I needed to check in. He replied back and said, don't reach for it and you better have a permit for that. I told him I do and I wont reach for it, it's in the front, I appendix carry. As I stepped through the metal detector I had my hands around shoulder height (Old habits from work when I was a CO.) Anyways as soon as I stepped through he took a step towards me and reached for my waist where my pistol was. As he did this I took a step back and he said I'll remove your firearm. At this time I told him I'd rather not because I dont want him pointing my firearm at me as he removes it. (I've been around this guy before and he has no regard for safety) he then unsnapped his holster and put his hand on his firearm. I then said to him don't do that just call your supervisor cause you do this stuff to me everytime I come down here. So then he told me to remove the firearm In the holster and hand it to him, so I did. As he walked towards the lock boxes he tells me that I need to leave my firearm in my vehicle (yeah that's a great idea, leave a firearm unsecure in my vehicle outside of the courthouse and jail where criminals are. Solid plan) which I said to him. He then told me if I'm going to be a smart ass he will confiscate my firearm and I'll be arrested. At this point I cant help but to laugh at him and said please do. this would have totally made my day. Anyways I went and did business and when I came back to retrieve my firearm he had a deputy waiting there for me to tell me how I was a bad boy and how I need to conduct myself. When he handed my firearm back to me he then unsnapped his holster again and put his hand on his pistol. I then told him just stop, if you are that scared it's time to get a new job. He was also got angry when I informed him he wrote down the wrong serial number as my glock 19 has 3 different serial numbers on it since the barrel, slide, and frame don't match.
    Have You called the Sheriff Yet? If You would like, I can find his Phone number for You, that way, You can file a formal complaint. Personally, I believe You need to. period, full stop.
    There is no greater sorrow than to recall in misery the time when we were happy - Dante.

(Lycoming County)

Was this a Sheriff's deputy or a security guard? You need to be contacting this jackass's superior and explain what happened. That's utter bullshit and completely uncalled for.

(Bucks County)

i'd lay odds that was on a camera.

date and time....this individual needs to have a long career....in fast food distribution.

(Fayette County)

I did go down to the sheriff's office and asked to speak to the sheriff but he was not in the office, so I had told talked to the deputy's that were in there and told them about the incident. Of course st first they told me I need to leave my firearm in my vehicle and I told them the same.thing about leaving an unsecure firearm in my truck. Then one deputy told me to leave it at home. The impression I got from it was that they didn't care and they were sticking together to protect their own.

(Montgomery County)

I did go down to the sheriff's office and asked to speak to the sheriff but he was not in the office, so I had told talked to the deputy's that were in there and told them about the incident. Of course st first they told me I need to leave my firearm in my vehicle and I told them the same.thing about leaving an unsecure firearm in my truck. Then one deputy told me to leave it at home. The impression I got from it was that they didn't care and they were sticking together to protect their own.
    Speak directly to the Sheriff or send a letter to him specifically.
    Talking to deputies is pointless in this context.
    You need to talk to the man in charge.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast