Hey guys. So I've never hunted rabbits in PA up until a couple of weeks ago. In other states, yes, but never here. I just happen to live in close proximity (this is important, since I was recently rendered car-less lol) to SGL 221, Kurme's Preserve, and Fieldstone Farm Preserve. I went to SGL 221 a week and half or two weeks ago, and spent all day out there. The woods were silent. Like, eerily silent. For the approximately 6 hours I was out, I never heard a sound. Not one, save for my footsteps in the snow. Not a single bird or rodent to be seen or heard. No fresh tracks at all except one set of fox tracks (not interested in foxes... rabbit and squirrels, two of my favorite game meats).

I enjoyed the day, it was a peaceful hike in the woods, not too cold, and nothing went wrong. But on top of being unsettlingly silent, I was unable to even find what I would consider a decent area for rabbits, and I did not stick to trails much (I fucking love GPS lol). I walked about 10 miles that day... granted, 4 or so of them were to and from the gameland. So I was thinking of going to Kurme's Preserve or Fieldstone Farm Preserve. Can anyone recommend one or the other? Or perhaps a better region of SGL 221? I was mainly in the southern/southwestern area last time.

Any info from some local hunters would be greatly appreciated 😁