Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default GLOCK 44 22 LR,My Thoughts !

Got to shoot the 44 at the range my impressions were not very kind,way too light unless a suppressor is introduced,Kept on checking for cracks in slide,extractor flying out and fireing pin blowing out.Not very accurate and only ten rounds ? My S&W Compact 22lr outshines this newest Glock 100%.Sad to say I was looking forward to this new Glock 44 but wont be buying one for myself !

(Bucks County)

Default Re: GLOCK 44 22 LR,My Thoughts !

I'm confused. Are you saying cracks in slide, extractor flying out and firing pin blowing out was happening, was on the verge of happening, and all in ten shots? Or something about the lightness suggested potential weaknesses as you describe?
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

(Allegheny County)

My wife and I shot the rental Glock 44 at Keystone Shooting center last Monday. Both of us liked the gun, we both found it to be accurate - for my wife it was shooting a little high though. Neither of us care for the Glock sights that come on it, but eventually that can be changed.

My wife is interested in getting one down the road, time will tell - no hurry as we both don't really shoot .22 LR much and already have a Ruger MKIV.
    Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Quote Originally Posted by Orive 8 View Post
    My wife and I shot the rental Glock 44 at Keystone Shooting center last Monday. Both of us liked the gun, we both found it to be accurate - for my wife it was shooting a little high though. Neither of us care for the Glock sights that come on it, but eventually that can be changed.

My wife is interested in getting one down the road, time will tell - no hurry as we both don't really shoot .22 LR much and already have a Ruger MKIV.
    I would defiantly wait until they get all the issues squared away which seem to be many.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    I would defiantly wait until they get all the issues squared away which seem to be many.
    Normally, I would agree, but in reality - this gun would only have one purpose "plinking". So, with that said the worst case scenario would be what? A cracked slide? Not a problem, ship it back to Glock and get a replacement.

Since this gun won't be used for DOL, the reliability factor doesn't really matter - like any .22, just find the ammo that works in it and but a b--t load of it. And after all at a $350 +/- price point, it really ain't a lot of $$$.
    Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    I'm confused. Are you saying cracks in slide, extractor flying out and firing pin blowing out was happening, was on the verge of happening, and all in ten shots? Or something about the lightness suggested potential weaknesses as you describe?
    Referring to youtube issues documented with pctures,All in all not impressed with the G 44.For $400 you can find a great condition Glock 19 that has been proven.

Quote Originally Posted by Orive 8 View Post
    Normally, I would agree, but in reality - this gun would only have one purpose "plinking". So, with that said the worst case scenario would be what? A cracked slide? Not a problem, ship it back to Glock and get a replacement.

Since this gun won't be used for DOL, the reliability factor doesn't really matter - like any .22, just find the ammo that works in it and but a b--t load of it. And after all at a $350 +/- price point, it really ain't a lot of $$$.
    Plinker only I agree,If you wanted to hunt with it soda cans at 10 yards works.

(Luzerne County)

Played with new Model 44 today ... i did have a feeding jam on 1st 2 magazines of 10 today.
    Using Browning 22's I had in drawer.
    Will try next time with CCI's.

I suspect in both cases the mags were tight with stiff spring.

I did notice that there was a very small bit of recoil that I wasn't expecting with a 22.
    NOT a problem at all & probably due to how light the gun is.

Overall I am pleased with it - was able to keep a plastic bottle jumping about.

NO REGRETS in buying here ... and I am NOT otherwise a Glock enthusiast!