Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Erie County)

Default Re: Alexa, we need guns....

I'm sorry Dave, I can't allow you to do that......

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by ItchyTick View Post
    yup exactly Bezos will help the cops round your shit up by locking it away from you in your house. And they will also know where they are and what you have.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by HKusp 45 View Post
    I thought it was great it's actually a place in Jersey that makes them

There's a bunch of places that do covert gun storage now.
    One of them stole my tissue box idea a while back. I'm not mad - I'm flattered.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by HKusp 45 View Post
    Yeah it's all fun and games until someone decides you don't need guns and Alexa agrees with them
    At least somebody gets it.

Letsjust give away the keys to the kingdom while we are at it.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by icp4life162005 View Post
    At least somebody gets it.

Letsjust give away the keys to the kingdom while we are at it.
    Amazon, Google, Facebook, Twitter, Microsoft, Apple, Comcast, the rest of the very powerful Tech Industry and Silicon Valley whom also run Social Media do not want law abiding citizens to be able to own and carry firearms. They are run by Globalist, Far Left Progressives. It is a very powerful monopoly because they have so much money and media presence.

Great idea, telling a spy device where your firearms are. Geez.

Watch him get Red Flagged by Alexa if he yells at the kids or watches that mob scene in Home Alone.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Allegheny County)

My first thought: What happens when the electric service goes out?? Battery back up??

Also, No Alexa in my house.........

Oh so close to the Delaware River!, New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by ItchyTick View Post
    Yep. The science fiction quotes and plots of out of control computers appears to be missed and forgotten in the realm of the Alexas and Siris.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pilot321 View Post
    Amazon, Google, Facebook, Twitter, Microsoft, Apple, Comcast, the rest of the very powerful Tech Industry and Silicon Valley whom also run Social Media do not want law abiding citizens to be able to own and carry firearms. They are run by Globalist, Far Left Progressives. It is a very powerful monopoly because they have so much money and media presence.
    As pointed out in the 2 stories below, if you also have a Ring, they probably know everything about you by now.

Bill

https://www.ien.com/product-developm...or-end-of-ring

Amazon Engineer Calls for End of Ring
    Internet-connected cameras and smart doorbells, he wrote, are 'not compatible with a free society.'

CONTRIBUTORS IEN Staff

Hundreds of Amazon employees signed their names to sweeping critiques of the e-commerce and tech giant’s policies over the weekend.

Although the post on Medium primarily made headlines for highlighting Amazon’s impact on the climate — along with the potential ramifications for the workers themselves — one software engineer declared that the company’s Ring smart doorbell subsidiary should be eliminated entirely.

Max Eliaser, a software developer engineer, wrote that the widespread deployment of internet-connected cameras that “allow footage to be queried centrally are simply not compatible with a free society.”

Amazon acquired Ring for $1 billion in 2018 and, according to reports, began forming partnerships with hundreds of police agencies across the country. The practice drew scrutiny from privacy advocates and lawmakers concerned about constant neighborhood surveillance and its potential social impact — particularly on minorities.

Amazon has noted the footage cannot be shared without the Ring user’s consent, but the company also acknowledged it does not require law enforcement to delete videos after a certain timeframe.

“The privacy issues are not fixable with regulation and there is no balance that can be struck,” Eliaser wrote. “Ring should be shut down immediately and not brought back.”

https://www.fastcompany.com/90456776...account-or-not

Ring caught giving user data to Facebook whether they have an account or not

BY MICHAEL GROTHAUS1 MINUTE READ
    Amazon’s Ring smart doorbell surveillance product has been caught sending user data to Facebook and other companies without making Ring users aware their data was being shared. That’s according to an investigation from the Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF). What’s even more alarming is Ring users are having their data sent to Facebook even if they themselves don’t have Facebook accounts.

The EFF examined Ring’s latest Android app and found that it had four unlisted trackers sending Ring user data back to four websites including branch.io, mixpanel.com, appsflyer.com, and facebook.com. This is despite Ring’s privacy policy, which purports to list all the trackers being used in its software. That privacy policy was last updated over a year and a half ago and doesn’t list three of the four new trackers discovered.

So what data is Ring sending to Facebook and other companies? The EFF says the information includes “the names, private IP addresses, mobile network carriers, persistent identifiers, and sensor data on the devices of paying customers.” As the EFF explains:

The danger in sending even small bits of information is that analytics and tracking companies are able to combine these bits together to form a unique picture of the user’s device. This cohesive whole represents a fingerprint that follows the user as they interact with other apps and use their device, in essence providing trackers the ability to spy on what a user is doing in their digital lives and when they are doing it. All this takes place without meaningful user notification or consent and, in most cases, no way to mitigate the damage done.

After the EFF published their report, a Ring spokesperson told Gizmodo, “Like many companies, Ring uses third-party service providers to evaluate the use of our mobile app, which helps us improve features, optimize the customer experience, and evaluate the effectiveness of our marketing.”

Ring, of course, is used to privacy scandals. But sending user data to Facebook without a Ring user’s knowledge might be too much for some Ring users, who, by nature of the product they use, are concerned about their security. As the EFF points out, “Ring claims to prioritize the security and privacy of its customers, yet time and again we’ve seen these claims not only fall short, but harm the customers and community members who engage with Ring’s surveillance system.”

(Berks County)

'Alexa, we need guns.'

'Jackboot thugs have been dispatched. Their arrival is imminent.'

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast