Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Mercer County)

Default PA is Next in Line ....VA, NY CA, MA, MD, NJ, CT etc.

All across the USA many states have been bowing and come under control of the gun grabbers.

When will PA fall?

What blows my mind is the shear number of gun owners in PA versus the number of gun owners who are active and do things to promote and protect the 2A.

I know I'm preaching to the choir here at PAFOA. I'm talking about the gun owners I meet in person at shows, at the range, at work, or just casually when talking about guns.

Better than half of the people I meet in the real, physical world have never attended a rally or contacted their legislators and by my guess, a third don't vote regularly.

I think PA will fall by 2022. We will put in a situation where the gun owners are in a full on defensive mode because of laws passed and signed and our only resort will be going to the courts for a long, drawn out battle.

(Chester County)

Default Re: PA is Next in Line ....VA, NY CA, MA, MD, NJ, CT etc.

Gun owners not showing up to vote will undo all the progress we've made over the years. Count on that like the sun rising.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Northumberland County)

I vote and talk to my state rep often about it. And he is pro gun.
    Member of Zerbe Township Rod & Gun Club.

(Allegheny County)

I experience the same thing, when I talk to other gun owners, mostly hunters, they feel it's ok to have:

A ban on some guns (Assault style)
    Background checks
    Red flag laws

Just to name a few, and they walk away, and won't even listen.

(Chester County)

As soon as our legislature becomes Democrat controlled and we have a Governor willing to sign more gun laws is when PA will flip. That Governor may or may not also be a Democrat.

Quote Originally Posted by PA_Robert View Post
    Better than half of the people I meet in the real, physical world have never attended a rally or contacted their legislators
    Do you feel that these two actions are actually effective? Honest question.

I don't, but I live in PRNY, so maybe my view on their efficacy is tainted. I can contact my legislators all I want, but I don't need to - I already know how they will vote on a given bill, nothing I say will change that in either direction. Rallies are summarily ignored and have no apparent impact.

I will say this: we - gun owners - are pretty heavily divided. For example, I think I can fairly say that I am "more" pro-gun than most people on this board (I think everyone from children to felons should have access to fully automatic weapons and RPGs, carried openly or concealed in public, with no licensing whatsoever), but simply seeing my location in the upper right corner of my posts causes many here to automatically disregard or ignore anything I say because it comes from a "NY gun grabber." And, as others have mentioned, there are plenty of Fudds out there who see nothing wrong with red flags, MSR bans, UBCs, etc. We are far from a unified front, and I don't know how to improve upon this reality.

That said, I do know that people can change - I was once a Fudd. Going through the NYS pistol permit process made me realize that something was very wrong, which caused me to start reading gun forums. PAFOA, particularly the open carry board, really opened my eyes, to the point that I'm now on the rather extreme end of pro-gun. Hell, I even found myself fighting with a PA sheriff, preparing to dole out good money to a lawyer, instead of simply going to the next county over to get my LTCF.

I think that converting Fudds to full-on 2A supporters is key. But I don't know how to induce the process I went through, particularly in less restrictive states like PA, where that initial "wtf is my state doing" moment might never occur.

(Juniata County)

Quote Originally Posted by OwnTheRide View Post

I don't, but I live in PRNY, so maybe my view on their efficacy is tainted. I can contact my legislators all I want, but I don't need to - I already know how they will vote on a given bill, nothing I say will change that in either direction. Rallies are summarily ignored and have no apparent impact.

I will say this: we - gun owners - are pretty heavily divided. For example, I think I can fairly say that I am "more" pro-gun than most people on this board (I think everyone from children to felons should have access to fully automatic weapons and RPGs, carried openly or concealed in public, with no licensing whatsoever), but simply seeing my location in the upper right corner of my posts causes many here to automatically disregard or ignore anything I say because it comes from a "NY gun grabber." And, as others have mentioned, there are plenty of Fudds out there who see nothing wrong with red flags, MSR bans, UBCs, etc. We are far from a unified front, and I don't know how to improve upon this reality.

That said, I do know that people can change - I was once a Fudd. Going through the NYS pistol permit process made me realize that something was very wrong, which caused me to start reading gun forums. PAFOA, particularly the open carry board, really opened my eyes, to the point that I'm now on the rather extreme end of pro-gun. Hell, I even found myself fighting with a PA sheriff, preparing to dole out good money to a lawyer, instead of simply going to the next county over to get my LTCF.

I think that converting Fudds to full-on 2A supporters is key. But I don't know how to induce the process I went through, particularly in less restrictive states like PA, where that initial "wtf is my state doing" moment might never occur.
    Yes, those things matter, if it means they think it will impact their election.

But you’d be surprised how uninformed many elected officials are. A few years back the entire list of every state level elected official was posted on the forum. It was about the time of the NY safe act, and CT/Mass doubling down on screwing gun owners.

I emailed all the reps, and asked, as many of those companies had publicly stated they were leaving those States, or remaining but building elsewhere what they were doing to ensure those jobs, and tax dollars came here and into our economy instead of driving through us to get to a State in the south.

I got a couple answers, but the one that stuck out was the one that asked me where I was getting my information. It floored me, as it was all over the news, everyone was talking about it.

It can make a difference if you take the time you write your elected officials and send them education. Reminder they live in a glass bowl, and if the only people they hear from are gun grabbers, that is all they know.

Example: Pennsylvania has the greatest number of volunteer fire fighters and EMTs in the country. We are an abnormally, as most of the country has expensive, paid fire departments, usually county based. Ask yourself what good a fire engine coming from 1/4 of the county away does? Half way?

Exactly 1 member of the legislature runs with a volunteer fire department. There are none that do EMS. I’ve worked in at least 6 counties. None of them do fire or Ems the same.
    Last edited by PAMedic=F|A=; January 29th, 2020 at 01:13 PM.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

Yes. There are absolutely some legislators who don't have a clue and are amenable to thoughtful education. It may not make them take pro-gun action, but it may help dissuade some uninformed from enthusiastically jumping on the bandwagon of the magic gun control solution everytime the "we must do something" call comes around.

Others don't realize that these bills affect regular people like you and me and believe the lies that "assault weapons" have no beneficial use. Many also don't know the case law on the 2A and how that can be used to counter anti arguments.

No matter who your Rep is, I think we owe it to our countrymen to make noise. But to me, it just means that especially if you are in a particularly bad district, we must be doing more. Converting Fudds, inviting new folks to the range and teaching them about the process of buying a gun, getting registered to vote and voting in every election, helping better candidates get on the ballot and elected in other districts if our own is unlikely to come around, and supporting pro-gun orgs that actually fight for gun owners.
    Last edited by buckengr; January 29th, 2020 at 01:47 PM.
    I am not a lawyer.

(Northumberland County)

Educating folks that guns are not evil can go a long way. I have converted a few folks who were afraid of guns. A few range trips and taking time to teach safety does wonders.
    Member of Zerbe Township Rod & Gun Club.

(Mercer County)

Quote Originally Posted by OwnTheRide View Post

Yes. I think they are effective....in PA. Being aggressive is also effective..at least it's been effective for all the progressive agendas.

I agree getting Fudds active is key. We need to start using fear (i.e. the gun grab going on in VA). Let the Fudds know..first it's the "assault weapons" and next are the sniper rifles (bolt action, scoped rifles).