Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Berks County)

Default Collecting Signatures on Candidate's Petition?

I would like to work with a candidate to get signatures on a petition for his candidacy but my address of record is not in his district. Are there any restrictions preventing me from helping him out?
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Elk County)

Default Re: Collecting Signatures on Candidate's Petition?

You can't sign it and have the signature count, but nothing stops you from carrying the petition and requesting signatures.

It doesn't stop Democrats from bussing in canvassing help, does it?

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Noah_Zark View Post
    You can't sign it and have the signature count, but nothing stops you from carrying the petition and requesting signatures.

It doesn't stop Democrats from bussing in canvassing help, does it?

Noah
    Thanks, and no, Dumocrats just do what they want but the laws apply differently to them.

(Elk County)

Forgot to mention that I'm not anal. Or IANAL. Or some legal disclaimer of some description.

Also forgot to mention that I'm a registered Democrat, from a long line of pro-labor "AFL-CIO" Democrats. In addition to being an electrician, my grandfather was also an engineer for the BR&P and B&O, depending on whose train he was running on the same trackage between Punxsutawney, PA and Salamanca, NY. He was a long-time shop steward and held other positions in the local of the Brotherhood of Locomotive Engineers, now part of the Teamsters. He firmly believed in working for a living, but being paid fairly for it. He did NOT abide slackers, others that tried to take advantage of the system at the expense of others, or reckless, unsafe workers. "No free ride" was his motto.

During the Depression when he wasn't getting called for trains as frequently, he took a passenger train to Buffalo, NY and met with managers from Ontario Biscuit Co (later Nabisco) with an idea to eliminate freight damage to crackers and cookies. At the time, those perishables were packed in cartons which were packed in wooden crates. The crates were roughly handled during loading and unloading from freight cars and while in freight stations until delivered locally. Gramps talked the Ontario Biscuit people into letting him pick up the goods in buffalo, and distribute them by truck to the neighborhood grocers in SWNY and NWPA, dozens of them. They decided to try it, and blocked out a territory with a list of customers. It was up to Gramps to make it happen. And he did, using four GMC 1-ton panel trucks from 1929 to 1940, which he would rebuild several times before selling one and buying another. It was so successful, and damage was so reduced that his brother-in-law started another such delivery route in western NY, and my grand-uncle would do my grandfather's route if Gramps got a call to operate a train. I'm sure truck delivery of perishables occurred elsewhere, but my grandfather invented it in rural SWNY and NWPA in 1929-1930. Nabisco started running their own trucks after WWII, and Gramps went to railroading full time, and his BiL became a sales manager for Nabisco in NY, PA, and OH.

They worked their butts off. No free ride. He would definitely be a trump supporter today, his support of the BLE notwithstanding.

Noah
    Last edited by Noah_Zark; January 28th, 2020 at 02:09 PM.
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Noah_Zark View Post
    Forgot to mention that I'm not anal. Or IANAL. Or some legal disclaimer of some description.

Noah
    Yeah! I have also confirmed with his office and a friend of mine who used to be part of the GOP machine in Bucks county and got the same answer. I'm going on Saturday to learn what to do and I'll get to work. I'll even help out Mad Maddy's opponent the same way if they're looking for help.