Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Ambridge, Pennsylvania
    (Beaver County)
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,436
    Rep Power
    5941767

    Default ATI T3 Stock ... I don't like it

    I was considering the ATI T3, Fab Defense, and putting together a Mesa Tactical stock with their adapter but then ATI had a 30% off sale ... I installed the stock on my 870 this weekend and the more I think about it and handle it, the less I like it. The grip feels great but aside from that, the build quality is pretty poor. The PLASTIC buffer tube attaches to the gip with a single hex head screw. It doesn't thread in. Also, the length of pull is pretty long. In it's shortest setting, it's about a half an inch shorter than the factory stock and for some reason, can extend out to be several inches longer than normal ... who would want that? The fit on the 870 is pretty piss poor too. They give you a piece of foam to fill the gap between the grip and trigger guard which should have been an indication this wasn't going to work out for me. I looked at ATI's website about returning it and saw this
    "Returns must not have been damaged, installed, used and/or missing parts" so forget about that I guess. Must not have been INSTALLED? Oh well, more money down the toilet. Maybe I'll shoot it this weekend and it WON'T fall apart?
    Hope this is not Chris's blood ...

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
    (Monroe County)
    Age
    33
    Posts
    2,164
    Rep Power
    21474848

    Default Re: ATI T3 Stock ... I don't like it

    Quote Originally Posted by Misery Loves Shotguns View Post
    I was considering the ATI T3, Fab Defense, and putting together a Mesa Tactical stock with their adapter but then ATI had a 30% off sale ... I installed the stock on my 870 this weekend and the more I think about it and handle it, the less I like it. The grip feels great but aside from that, the build quality is pretty poor. The PLASTIC buffer tube attaches to the gip with a single hex head screw. It doesn't thread in. Also, the length of pull is pretty long. In it's shortest setting, it's about a half an inch shorter than the factory stock and for some reason, can extend out to be several inches longer than normal ... who would want that? The fit on the 870 is pretty piss poor too. They give you a piece of foam to fill the gap between the grip and trigger guard which should have been an indication this wasn't going to work out for me. I looked at ATI's website about returning it and saw this
    "Returns must not have been damaged, installed, used and/or missing parts" so forget about that I guess. Must not have been INSTALLED? Oh well, more money down the toilet. Maybe I'll shoot it this weekend and it WON'T fall apart?
    i believe they make these for the 870 as well.
    i enjoy mine.
    https://www.brownells.com/shotgun-pa...rod103578.aspx
    "Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils. John Stark

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Ercildoun, Pennsylvania
    (Chester County)
    Posts
    3,981
    Rep Power
    21474847

    Default Re: ATI T3 Stock ... I don't like it

    As far as stocks go on a 12 gauge shotgun. You want something substantial. Cheezy stocks don't hold up to the battering a 12 gauge can administer. The Magpul stock looks pretty substantial. The fold ups don't look to me as though they will hold up. Get a box of heavy bird shot maybe some turkey 4's and go shoot a box of those then tell yourself how much you enjoyed the trip to the range with a lightweight stock. The Magpul is probably the only one of the synthetic aftermarkets stocks I would consider for myself. Setting up a good sling with quick disconnects is easy with the Magpul. This is my 870 Police Magnum. It was designed for and I bought it for one reason, to shoot double ought (00) buck out of it. It has some pretty stout recoil firing that load. I put a Magpul M1 sling on it with GrovTec quick release adapters on on it with the quick release 1 1/4 rings. I intend to keep the walnut stocks. I've been shooting shotguns for many years and I know what kind of punishment they can give if not properly set up. With the Magpul stock you can add the QR rings quite easily.

    https://grovtec.com/collections/push...e-pack-gtsw106

    https://grovtec.com/collections/atta...o-stud-adaptor

    https://magpul.com/catalog/product/v...obal_color=118












    Last edited by JenniferG; January 27th, 2020 at 02:05 AM.
    The path that leads to truth is littered with the bodies of the ignorant

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Ercildoun, Pennsylvania
    (Chester County)
    Posts
    3,981
    Rep Power
    21474847

    Default Re: ATI T3 Stock ... I don't like it

    Setting up a sling for a Magpul on a shotgun. This is a Mossberg 590 but it's the same on a Magpul remington 870.

    The path that leads to truth is littered with the bodies of the ignorant

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Ercildoun, Pennsylvania
    (Chester County)
    Posts
    3,981
    Rep Power
    21474847

    Default Re: ATI T3 Stock ... I don't like it

    I just took some pictures of the sling and swivels I added to my 870P. The rear has the Grovtec swivel adapter and 1 1/4 QD ring. The front since it already swivels I used a standard Uncle Mikes 1 1/4 swivel. The reason is simple for the rear you need the gun to be able to hang sideways and a standard Uncle Mikes keeps the sling in line so the sling twists to hang sideways and after a while the sling stud will loosen in the wood. There are a hundreds of videos on You Tube that have different ways of fixing loose swivel studs. I've seen it often enough over the years to know the problem exists.





    The path that leads to truth is littered with the bodies of the ignorant

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Ambridge, Pennsylvania
    (Beaver County)
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,436
    Rep Power
    5941767

    Default Re: ATI T3 Stock ... I don't like it

    I had a Magpul stock on my 590 and I HATED it. What I want is a more vertical grip angle, adjustable length, and the ability to put a cheek riser on it. Magpul checked two of those boxes but I didn't like the grip angle and could never get over how ugly it is. I'll probably put the factory stock back on.
    Hope this is not Chris's blood ...

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Ercildoun, Pennsylvania
    (Chester County)
    Posts
    3,981
    Rep Power
    21474847

    Default Re: ATI T3 Stock ... I don't like it

    Quote Originally Posted by Misery Loves Shotguns View Post
    I had a Magpul stock on my 590 and I HATED it. What I want is a more vertical grip angle, adjustable length, and the ability to put a cheek riser on it. Magpul checked two of those boxes but I didn't like the grip angle and could never get over how ugly it is. I'll probably put the factory stock back on.
    I'm perfectly happy with the walnut stocks. I could have had the lighter weight synthetic stocks but I prefered the walnut. I've always been under the assumption that if I'm in a bind with no ammo left I can fight my way out with a metal and wood club. Plus the wood adds the needed weight for sustained fire for recoil.
    Last edited by JenniferG; January 28th, 2020 at 02:39 PM.
    The path that leads to truth is littered with the bodies of the ignorant

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Ambridge, Pennsylvania
    (Beaver County)
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,436
    Rep Power
    5941767

    Default Re: ATI T3 Stock ... I don't like it

    Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    I'm perfectly happy with the walnut stocks. I could have had the lighter weight synthetic stocks but i prefered the walnut. I've always been under the assumption that if I'm in a bind with no ammo left I can fight my way out with a metal and wood club. Plus the wood adds the needed weight for sustained fire for recoil.
    I have wood on my 500 (rarely shoot it because my wife claimed it) and I used to have the walnut police stock and forend on an 870 but I sold it because it was too slick. Hogue is my favorite if I were going to switch to a different TRADITIONAL stock.

    More info! I took the stock off the ATI piece of shit because I was curious if it's mil spec buffer tube diameter and it is. The problem with that is the plastic buffer tube is way longer than it needs to be AND it doesn't have the first position that other tubes do. When I take the stock off of the buffer tube, the adjustment lever is such a flimsy piece of shit that I feel like it's going to break every time I use it. I don't recall ever having that feeling when I switched out literally any other AR15 stock or brace I've used.
    Hope this is not Chris's blood ...

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: March 30th, 2008, 08:37 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Local gun shops | Local shooting ranges | Philadelphia Shooting Ranges | Philadelphia Gun Shops | Pittsburgh Shooting Ranges | Pittsburgh Gun Shops