Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Va. .......what a mess.

Virginia House Passes Assault-Weapon Ban

By Jon Kamp and Scott Calvert

Bill heads to Senate where more stringent version of bill was withdrawn

Read the Article › https://www.wsj.com/articles/virgini...le_email_share

The link should give you access to the article.

Bill

Come take them?

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    Come take them?
    The more I think about this, how is it [even] legal to pass these bills and why have we let them have their way for so long. The 1791 Bill of rights simply can not be bypassed with "laws"....They took an oath to uphold the law. Also, we're CONSTITUTIONAL Representative Republic.....Yes, they Represent the people but within the confines stated in the Constitution limiting their over reach. I know I'm preaching to the choir, but I've always debated with facts and figures which are always on our side, However it's a right. It is an actual, written to remind us right regardless what these idiots do or say---it is illegal and tyrannical for the government to disarm the good citizens.
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

Assuming that the VA senate passes the most recent bill advanced by the House of Delegates, suppressors and other accessories are going to be banned in VA. I think to Northam's veiled (and others' not so veiled) threats to use government violence to enforce the law. I do not own a suppressor and do not know much at all about the process. I understand that getting one is complicated, expensive and you basically have to register your ownership of it. Hard to imagine you could just re-sell it.

So if Northam were to start the confiscation tactics, would he first start with the suppressors? Presumably VA police could learn who purchased them, where they live and then make their visits. In the process, of course, confiscate things that they do not know so easily like Semiautomatic firearms, banned trigger mechanisms, banned standard capacity magazines etc. Suppressors are not inherently dangerous. They may save hearing in a response to a home invasion. So I am wondering if they are a popular target for banning because there are the easiest to confiscate?

(Philadelphia County)

They are also about to allow illegal border crossers to obtain driver's licenses.Northam is on a roll.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Wilderness 1864 View Post
    Assuming that the VA senate passes the most recent bill advanced by the House of Delegates, suppressors and other accessories are going to be banned in VA. I think to Northam's veiled (and others' not so veiled) threats to use government violence to enforce the law. I do not own a suppressor and do not know much at all about the process. I understand that getting one is complicated, expensive and you basically have to register your ownership of it. Hard to imagine you could just re-sell it.

So if Northam were to start the confiscation tactics, would he first start with the suppressors? Presumably VA police could learn who purchased them, where they live and then make their visits. In the process, of course, confiscate things that they do not know so easily like Semiautomatic firearms, banned trigger mechanisms, banned standard capacity magazines etc. Suppressors are not inherently dangerous. They may save hearing in a response to a home invasion. So I am wondering if they are a popular target for banning because there are the easiest to confiscate?
    Now I wonder----what's the next step for "we the people"? 20,000 plus people show up and the VA legislature isn't [even] phased. The courts don't seem to really care and it's obviously ILLEGAL to overstep the Constitution, but they're doing it anyway. So what's next? I hate to say this, but it appears we have exhausted peaceful options.....
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Krichardson View Post
    They are also about to allow illegal border crossers to obtain driver's licenses.Northam is on a roll.
    That is to ensure Democrat majorities in perpetuity, which is why all the Blue states do it and why they are trying to do it nationally. The VA Dem majority is slim but when all that matters is power politics and tyranny of the majority, slim is all it takes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    Hoping all the pissed off gun owners forgive & forget for the presidential election in November.

Fuck them!

What to much damage has been done already and Virginians better remember this.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345