Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

View Poll Results: Obviously, anonymity is important on this one. Please answer honestly. Assuming you a

Voters
79. You may not vote on this poll
  • Not registered and probably won't anytime soon

0 0%
  • Not registered, but plan to soon

0 0%
  • Registered and vote sometimes

3 3.80%
  • Registered and vote regularly

76 96.20%
  • other / none of the above

0 0%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Mercer County)

Default Re: Are You Registered to Vote and Do You?

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    I don't always vote in local stuff and if I don't know anything about the candidates, I'll skip sections on a ballot vs "guessing" or worse, picking the person who has the most signs along the road.

Call me names if it makes you feel better, but voting in local matters (HERE) is like voting to not have the sun come up the next day. Pointless.
    It's all democrat all the time here - that's the reality. My vote won't stop it.
    Looking at the stats..you are fooked in Allegheny County.

But don't give up. 2016 proved things can defy statistics when people are motivated. PA went red by only 44,292 votes.

https://www.dos.pa.gov/VotingElectio...tatistics.aspx

(Bucks County)

"My vote won't stop it."

That's the spirit that made America great!
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere. Voltaire

(Chester County)

I don't always vote in local stuff and if I don't know anything about the candidates, I'll skip sections on a ballot vs "guessing" or worse, picking the person who has the most signs along the road.

Call me names if it makes you feel better, but voting in local matters (HERE) is like voting to not have the sun come up the next day. Pointless.
    It's all democrat all the time here - that's the reality. My vote won't stop it.
    That's how we got a democrat majority on the PA Supreme court. Vote for anyone that doesn't have a d next to their name. Local elections are just as important as Presidential elections. School Boards put policies in place that make children think they have to be wards of the state instead of being self sufficient. Every election matters, every vote matters.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

Oh so close to the Delaware River!, New Jersey

4/5:
    I added the 5 because I can't vote in Pennsylvania until I move back!

(Allegheny County)

Are you guys really concerned that your guns will be taken away because I don't vote for school board members?
    There are, as they say, "No suitable candidates."

It's OK though. I'm honest, I'm not the internet uber patriot.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

The main reason for doing this poll is because I often meet new people, and when they learn that I'm a 2A activist they typically reply "I support the 2nd amendment". I then ask, "really, in what way?" Inevitably the reply is "I own a gun and belong to the NRA".

Eventually we get to the subject of voting, and more often than I'd like, they say "I haven't voted in 20 years. Both parties are the same so why waste my time?"

I figured that most on this board are voters, but I wonder about the ones who I'd call "casual" gun owners. We need to reach those people and frankly, I don't know how to. Even if I knew how, I don't know whether they'd listen.
    Last edited by longcall911; January 26th, 2020 at 06:02 PM.
    Help us restore election integrity in PA. Join PA Voters United

(Bucks County)

I find not voting very understandable. The amount of 'shouldn't be' is widely beyond the original model.

Millions of dollars of our donated monies burned on lying candidates who if winning go from rags to riches in a matter of a few years, ignoring their oaths, and considering the voters stupid, often with little to no differences defining those running.

The distrust including "my vote doesn't matter", comes from examples of "problems" such as miscounts, hanging chads, preclusion of military votes via military mail, refusal to establish needed voter ID, ad infinitem.

None of which stops me, but, as I said, I can understand (while not approving) those who say what a bunch of crap.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

(Butler County)

Are you guys really concerned that your guns will be taken away because I don't vote for school board members?
    There are, as they say, "No suitable candidates."

It's OK though. I'm honest, I'm not the internet uber patriot.
    I appreciate your honesty, but I believe you are wrong. I think your vote counts more than you realize, and I hope you reconsider being more active. Have a good day, and thanks for reading my two cents!

(Berks County)

If this small survey is indicative of the larger population, we may be in trouble. Many say that not enough gun owners get out and vote. If 90% do vote, and we're still losing some ground...

But as said earlier, this poll represents more 'active' gun owners, not the casual owners. I've become much more conservative as I age. Many years ago, I did not own an AR or AK variant rifle, but I was always supportive of the right of anyone to do so. I know some of those casual gun owners who question that right. Some are Fudds. Some are people who buy a revolver or shotgun for HD, but don't see the point of ownership of other types of firearms, like the ones the anti's want to regulate further.
    Last edited by esh21167; January 26th, 2020 at 05:46 PM.

(Columbia County)

I'm all for voting in all elections. These smaller elections often have superior and supreme court judgeships that are up for reelection.

Some the main problems I noticed:
    We need a pro gun candidates.
    Those candidates have to have a reasonable chance to win. Candidates without name recognition lacking speaking ability are going to lose.
    The PA GOP that we depend on to protect the 2nd in PA have campaign strategies that appear to be formulated by a 6 year old.
    Apathy all around. Every complaints about shapiro and his anti anti gun stance, but do we care about the PA AG 2020 race; Nope.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast