Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Carbon County)

Default new Palmetto SA PS9 $300 G19

PALMETTO STATE ARMORY PS9 DAGGER: $300 GLOCK KILLER

At the 2020 SHOT Show, Palmetto State Armory announced a new 9mm pistol called the PS9 Dagger.

With its combination of features and price, the new gun stands to make quite a splash in the industry.

Let’s dive in with all of the details including pricing, shipping times and holster compatibility.

General Information

The short story is the new PS9 Dagger is a Glock clone. I don’t mean that in a disparaging way, but instead as shorthand for a polymer-framed, striker-fired pistol that takes 9mm Glock 19 magazines.

Palmetto State Armory (PSA) will make several variations of the gun, but the basic model is the one that will ship first. It has many parts that are compatible with the Gen3 Glock pistols including the magazine and trigger group.

PSA ships the PS9 with Magpul P15 magazines, but you can use your existing G17, G19 and other 9mm magazines with the gun.

Obviously, the gun differs from the Glock pistol in a number of ways. One of the things that Glock is often criticized for is the use of plastic sights.

PSA elected to use metal sights on the PS9 Dagger. The metal sights use a 3-dot arrangement and are far more durable than standard polymer sights.

Additional features include:

forward cocking serrations on the slide

slide made of 416 stainless steel with lithium-infused nitride finish

an accessory rail for a weapon light or laser

stainless steel guide rod

a moderately aggressive texture that is not likely to damage clothing but still provides a positive grip

frame cut-outs at magazine well to better grab magazines should you need to strip them from the gun because of a malfunction

undercut trigger guard to allow a higher grip on the pistol

a barrel with traditional rifling (unlike the Glock, lead bullets should be ok)

Palmetto State Armory states the PS9 Dagger will be backed by a full lifetime warranty.

Variations
    Customer demand will ultimately drive variations of the basic PS9 pistol. However, Palmetto State Armory does have a number of variations already in the works.

Future releases will offer suppressor-ready versions that include threaded barrels and suppressor-height sights. Also, there will be options for optics ready PS9 Dagger pistols.

PS9 Suppressor Height Sights
    Another version the company is working on is a G17 sized slide/barrel on the PS9 frame. This would increase the sight radius for improved accuracy and goose the bullet velocities.

PSA also suggested that custom pistols might be available also.

A final variation will be the grip assembly alone. It is completely compatible with Gen3 Glock parts, so you can build a completely custom 9mm or even a .40 S&W or .357 SIG gun.

Holster Compatibility

According to a PSA rep, the guns will be compatible with Gen3 Glock 19 holsters.

I would urge caution with any hard fit options like Kydex as small dimension differences may impact how well it fits. I would expect that leather rigs would work without much problem.

PS9 Dagger Pricing

Even if you aren’t impressed by the features of this gun, the price might get your attention:

$299.99

Yes, that’s correct. A Glock 19 compatible pistol for less than $300. With shipping and transfer fees, I estimate the average person should be able to get one out the door for about $360-370.

Assuming that these guns run as reliably as a Glock pistol – and only time will tell us that – a $299.99 defensive pistol is a major value. The price alone will sell many of these pistols.

PS9 with threaded barrel and RMR cut price

If you want a model with a slide cut for an RMR sight with suppressor height sights and a threaded barrel, the pricing remains unbelievable:

$349.00

According to PSA staff, the PS9 grip frame alone should sell for $100.

It also makes you wonder what Glock’s margins look like.

When Is the PS9 Shipping?
    March 2020.

According to the PSA reps, the company aims to ship the initial models in March of this year.

What are your thoughts about the new Palmetto State Armory PS9 Dagger? I’m cautiously optimistic about them. A $300 Glock clone would be huge in the marketplace.

Read the original article here: http://www.gunsholstersandgear.com/2...ry-ps9-dagger/ . Make sure you visit GunsHolstersAndGear.com for all of the latest gun news, reviews and SHOT Show coverage.
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 ...........

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: new Palmetto SA PS9 $300 G19

I think its going to be a big seller for PSA.
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=22341&dateline=139092  6582

(Bucks County)

Sportsmansguide.com just introduced a more expensive Glock clone... https://www.sportsmansguide.com/even...0_Warrior_poet
    Tact is just not saying true stuff. I'll pass.

Pretty interesting ! No doubt that if it proves to be a reliable winner It will drop the prices on Glocks New and Used !

(Carbon County)

my son just bought a GEN 5 G19 with the RMR cut a few weeks ago and paid $700
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 ...........

(Adams County)

Like that grip a lot more then a gen 3 Glock, price is defiantly aimed at the P80 stuff with a ready to go $99 frame. I talked to them last year at the Great american Outdoor show and they said they wnat to continue to roll out their own cheaper, but well made guns and this really fits that bill.
    Hell is other people

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by middlefinger View Post

my son just bought a GEN 5 G19 with the RMR cut a few weeks ago and paid $700
    Join GSSF and save some money on guns once you get a certificate..