Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Re: SEPA Milling Party?

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    I ordered a couple 80’s early this AM assuming they will deliver and the time line adds up I wouldn’t mind joining in both times to get them both done.

I appreciate you setting this up for everyone in this part of the state.
    No problem, I have this equipment and want to learn how to use it, this is a win/win. Besides, you haven't yet seen the list of groceries yinz need to bring along.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Chester County)

Late to the thread, but another local in. And can bring another Kerosene heater to add to the mix.

Razor Sharp grinding is our tooling supplier and 15min from WH's area. If we need tooling, let me know sizes and I can get it ordered asap to have spares on hand.

I am game to chip in on the fixture as well, someone just needs to tell me who to settle up with.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Dlish View Post
    Late to the thread, but another local in. And can bring another Kerosene heater to add to the mix.

Razor Sharp grinding is our tooling supplier and 15min from WH's area. If we need tooling, let me know sizes and I can get it ordered asap to have spares on hand.

I am game to chip in on the fixture as well, someone just needs to tell me who to settle up with.
    I know where Razor Sharp is and totally forgot about them, do they sell stuff too? Do they stock it? The only place I could think of was Fastenal since Fegeley's isn't around anymore and they're too rich for my blood.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    I know where Razor Sharp is and totally forgot about them, do they sell stuff too? Do they stock it? The only place I could think of was Fastenal since Fegeley's isn't around anymore and they're too rich for my blood.
    Not sure if they will sell to a walk in, but def stock a load of endmills. I will just add anything we need to our next PO from work and get it, not a problem. Usually enjoy lunch at the Coventry Cafe a couple times a week, so easy enough stop in and grab anything we may need.

One of the others in the thread said he bought the the Easy Jig Gen 2, which uses hand held routers. Their replacement tooling is $50. (We also have a ton of hand routers at the shop, can borrow a couple for the day if needed so we arent getting anything too hot)

https://www.80percentarms.com/produc...en-2-tool-kit/

I am happy to order a set for the Easy Jig if we are going to use that jig, or if we are using a drill press jig I can grab some endmills from Razor Sharp.

I will recommend getting a few end mills.
    If you pull out the router before it stops spinning you can shatter it ending your fun if you only have one.

They also have a tendency to to move in the router no matter how tight you get them.
    Check the depth of your cut often as it will start to cut deeper during the process.

I have no affiliation with this company but they have solved the moving issue with this end mill for a router.
    https://www.modulusarms.com/router-j...eme-speedmill/

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Dlish View Post
    Not sure if they will sell to a walk in, but def stock a load of endmills. I will just add anything we need to our next PO from work and get it, not a problem. Usually enjoy lunch at the Coventry Cafe a couple times a week, so easy enough stop in and grab anything we may need.

One of the others in the thread said he bought the the Easy Jig Gen 2, which uses hand held routers. Their replacement tooling is $50. (We also have a ton of hand routers at the shop, can borrow a couple for the day if needed so we arent getting anything too hot)

https://www.80percentarms.com/produc...en-2-tool-kit/

I am happy to order a set for the Easy Jig if we are going to use that jig, or if we are using a drill press jig I can grab some endmills from Razor Sharp.
    It couldn't hurt to have an extra or two on hand. The ones that I have in our size range (3/8", 5/16") are double headers about 3" long so holding them and having 2" protrude is going to be close. The best I can tell and from watching the video either of those two sizes should do what we need to do.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    It couldn't hurt to have an extra or two on hand. The ones that I have in our size range (3/8", 5/16") are double headers about 3" long so holding them and having 2" protrude is going to be close. The best I can tell and from watching the video either of those two sizes should do what we need to do.
    I ordered a spare set for the EasyJig 2, that someone said they purchased.

And I will look around at the common endmill sizes for other jigs and grab some of those too.

(Bucks County)

Let me know when and where I have one to do

(Berks County)

Tentative initial attempt is set for tomorrow, Friday the 31st, time unknown at the moment.

What, this is tomorrow? If so, I won't be able to make it.

I thought we were planning out into the future a little...and on a weekend.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast