Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What the Glock

(Chester County)

Default Re: What the Glock

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Ahearn View Post
    I have the Rock Island Mapp CZ 75 clone in this caliber ,because I have a ton of CZ mags this caliber is just a blast to shoot. What I want is a 10.5 inch Ar setup to run this caliber in.
    The AR Guy will build you a 22TCM upper in whatever barrel length you want.
    Oh therapy, can you please fill the void? Am I retarded or am I just overjoyed?

(Dauphin County)

Not exactly related, but if CMMG can sell Banshee parts in 5.7x28 (barrel and bolt group), perhaps they could be persuaded to offer a parts kit in .22tcm with enough emails...
    Here's the link to the 5.7x28- https://cmmginc.com/product/barrel-a...ription-anchor
    The rotating locking bolt delayed blowback design of the banshee would be perfect for the .22TCM or 9R. The hard part would be feeding it, and at this point we might be stuck with 9R out of a Glock 17 magazine and a pistol lower. I wouldn't mind that setup if I could get the right projectiles for reloading 9R.

(Cumberland County)

Bummed. Took my G17 with 22 tcm9r conversion and bad day 75% of the rounds were light strikes and didn't go boom. Some fired, but most had off center light strikes and wouldn't fire. Any thoughts? The G17 I used was a PD trade, but it didn't have issues with 9mm? Going to put the barrel and recoil spring in another G17 soon and see what happens.
    "Tastefully Pimptastic"

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by cruzans View Post
    Bummed. Took my G17 with 22 tcm9r conversion and bad day 75% of the rounds were light strikes and didn't go boom. Some fired, but most had off center light strikes and wouldn't fire. Any thoughts? The G17 I used was a PD trade, but it didn't have issues with 9mm? Going to put the barrel and recoil spring in another G17 soon and see what happens.

There's a private Facebook group called 22 TCM KREW that may be able to offer advice. You just need to request access.
    Oh therapy, can you please fill the void? Am I retarded or am I just overjoyed?

(Bucks County)

If you get the issues resolved, I have some ammo and a conversion bbl I had issues with cheap, pm for details.
    Gun control isn't about guns...it's about control

(Dauphin County)

On Sunday, the sun and moon aligned with the third house of Sagittarius... And I finally got a chance to get to the range and shoot a few hundred rounds- many of those with the .22TCM9R conversion barrel on my G17. I had a few failures, about 4 in 100 rounds, and the slide seemed to return to battery with less than normal momentum most of the time. This would set up a situation for light strikes and (mostly FTE) jams.

I was thinking about getting a lightened aftermarket slide. The original .22TCM9R conversion kits included a slide with several lightening cuts. At the moment, it is easier to get a lightened slide than a standard looking one. Normally I don't like the idea of having a bunch of holes in the slide, but this time I may have to try one myself.

(Cumberland County)

Good though. Might take the slide off my 80% to try - it's an aftermarket with lightning cuts. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by gun-bunny View Post
    On Sunday, the sun and moon aligned with the third house of Sagittarius... And I finally got a chance to get to the range and shoot a few hundred rounds- many of those with the .22TCM9R conversion barrel on my G17. I had a few failures, about 4 in 100 rounds, and the slide seemed to return to battery with less than normal momentum most of the time. This would set up a situation for light strikes and (mostly FTE) jams.

I was thinking about getting a lightened aftermarket slide. The original .22TCM9R conversion kits included a slide with several lightening cuts. At the moment, it is easier to get a lightened slide than a standard looking one. Normally I don't like the idea of having a bunch of holes in the slide, but this time I may have to try one myself.
    "Tastefully Pimptastic"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123