Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    (Perry County)

Default Re: The NRA has officially caved

Duane Liptak Dan Roberts OK, I got the answer. The poor bastard never said the word compromise. He was misquoted, quite egregiously, and most likely deliberately. I talked to ILA tonight. He’s a new contract guy, and he’s nearly suicidal, because he’s got the whole world hating him for something he didn’t say.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by unclejumbo View Post
    Duane Liptak Dan Roberts OK, I got the answer. The poor bastard never said the word compromise. He was misquoted, quite egregiously, and most likely deliberately. I talked to ILA tonight. He’s a new contract guy, and he’s nearly suicidal, because he’s got the whole world hating him for something he didn’t say.
    Well can you tell us exactly what he said then? Someone must have a recording of what he said. I’m looking at the NRA the same way as I look at politicians on Election Day, lesser of 2 evils. I didn’t bust my buns to make money for WLP to live comfortably. GOA!

Quote Originally Posted by polishprince View Post
    Well,no,everything happening to the NRA is because they are standing in the way of Bloomberg and all the leftist antisecond amendment propaganda. Ask yourself,when did all this greed and expensive suits nonsense come out? Right...when Bloomberg let loose his money in his presidential bid. And where did that “I didn’t leave the NRA” quote come from? You? Nope,I’ve heard everywhere. It’s a sound byte designed to trigger feelings of resentment,just like Malcom X’s quote of “We didn’t land on Plymouth Rock,it landed on us.” Congratulations,you’ve just been sound byten.
    Sorry but the Expensive suit thing was released after North and several others left and exposed it which was some time before Bloomberg ever decided to throw his hat into the race which was about 8-10 weeks ago. If Wayne gave a shit about firearm rights, and the legacy, and longevity of the NRA he would have done the right thing and stepped down. Instead the board passed a rule saying he cannot be voted or kicked out if I am remembering correctly.

If they are to blind to see that it's time for a huge change to meet the 21st century demands then I have little hope for them as an organization. In my mind it's no different then the local gun clubs that have dwindling membership because the board run it like their own personal boys club and refuse to accept the modern day shooting sports because it's not what they like. In both cases their job is to keep membership high by meeting the needs of the membership and it's not happening.
    Last edited by Hodgie; January 23rd, 2020 at 08:28 AM.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    One of the Virginia legislators, a woman whose name I didn't get, said that the rally will have no affect on the (pending and future) legislation. Sounds about right.

MSM and anti's have been making the NRA the reason for shootings, and too many are buying it.
    The NRA is in a position where it cannot afford to appear unreasonable. It has been compromised within and without.

Negotiations consisting of reasonable argument requires a two-way platform. NRA has a limited number of reasonable legislators to work with. That leaves compromise. Compromise, in my view, is a situation were everyone loses something and it requires leverage on both sides. Sometimes an offer of compromise is the only leverage.
    VA was a losing battle to begin with, what's the point of compromise at that point? They don't need to compromise anything considering that the passage of the restrictions was a foregone conclusion.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Bucks County)

How is it compromise when the left has nothing to compromise? It’s surrender
    Its easier to fool people than to convince them they've been fooled....Mark Twain

(Beaver County)

NRA not prefect, bad NRA.

(Chester County)

The NRA is much less than "not perfect". They are an absolute disgrace! They need to be totally reorganized and then hopefully come back stronger than ever. Then, I will go back to supporting them. Meanwhile, my money goes to GOA.

(Juniata County)

The NRA still has name recognition. We should support it and attempt to fix it from within. True, GOA and SAF are better. I’d steer my donations to them will just maintaining membership in the nra.

Likewise, everyone here should be rabidly supporting FOAC. They are our state organization, and have a proven track record of success. we need to do what we can to make sure PA does not end up like VA.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234