Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lehigh County)

Exclamation Sig Sauer's New Carry Gun Features Glowing Sight System Embedded into Its Slide

LAS VEGAS -- The first thing you notice about the latest version of the Sig Sauer 365 is that the compact 9mm pistol has no front sight.

The P365 Sig Anti Snag (SAS) pistol features a high-tech luminous sighting system embedded into the rear of the slide as part of an overall design to eliminate snagging surfaces on the pistol for concealed carry, Phil Strader, pistol product manager at Sig, told Military.com on Saturday at a range day for SHOT Show 2020.

The 365 features a Meprolight FT Bullseye Sight, which makes the gun "truly special," Strader said, describing the glowing green sight that lines the pistol on target when the green dot is centered in the green circle.

https://www.military.com/daily-news/...its-slide.html

[ATTACH=CONFIG]126570[/img]
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: Sig Sauer's New Carry Gun Features Glowing Sight System Embedded into Its Slide

Gun's been out for months. Reviews have not been kind. Sights aren't adjustable and have been off for some reviewers. Also, the gun is ported, which is not the best idea for a gun that you may be firing from a close body position. And being such a small gun, people with larger hands are likely to be burned by the ports with a two hand grip.

Default Re: Sig Sauer's New Carry Gun Features Glowing Sight System Embedded into Its Slide

I was originally excited about this pistol / sight. But then I saw it live. Deal killer for me was the sight is totally dependent on ambient light. Cover the sight or go into the dark and no more glow, no more sight. Literature I read said it had Tritium for night use but I saw no indication of that in my hands-on. I was bummed.

Not sure the porting makes sense in a SD carry gun, but the sight mooted that point.

Moved on to consider the 365XL which accepts a Romeo red dot from the factory.

(Beaver County)

Who asked for this? How are people carrying that snagging is such a concern that THIS is the product designed to solve that non-existent problem?

Meprolight FT Bullseye Sights have been out for at least 5 years, may longer.