Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 101
  1. #21
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Chippewa, Pennsylvania
    (Beaver County)
    Posts
    4,373
    Rep Power
    21474850

    Default Re: ***Yinzer Flags Round 3***

    Quote Originally Posted by pens87pgh View Post
    Damn that was fast, can't wait to get it! Thanks for organizing this!!
    You're welcome!

    Quote Originally Posted by RockIsland View Post
    Are they all spoken for?

    No! No where close!

    Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    Would they sell to anyone, or would they need my permission as the original customer? Maybe I should check with the company and give my blanket permission for anyone to order my design.
    Uh, anyone. Did you trademark it? Are you looking for compensation?
    Life has a melody.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Zelienople, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)
    Posts
    5,026
    Rep Power
    21474850

    Default Re: ***Yinzer Flags Round 3***

    Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post

    Uh, anyone. Did you trademark it? Are you looking for compensation?
    Heck no, I don't want anything. I'm just wondering if the manufacturer would require authorization from their original customer. When I gave you their contact info, I told the company you'd be contacting them for a follow-up order. I doubt printers assume that everything they print is free domain and let random people order things willy-nilly.

    Pittsburgh has the Whiskey Rebellion flag and now this. All I want is the satisfaction of seeing people flying the thing all over the place.

    ETA:

    I WANT NOTHING! I WANT NOTHING! NO QUID PRO QUO!
    Last edited by scruff; January 30th, 2020 at 11:43 PM.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Chippewa, Pennsylvania
    (Beaver County)
    Posts
    4,373
    Rep Power
    21474850

    Default Re: ***Yinzer Flags Round 3***

    Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    Heck no, I don't want anything. I'm just wondering if the manufacturer would require authorization from their original customer. When I gave you their contact info, I told the company you'd be contacting them for a follow-up order. I doubt printers assume that everything they print is free domain and let random people order things willy-nilly.

    Pittsburgh has the Whiskey Rebellion flag and now this. All I want is the satisfaction of seeing people flying the thing all over the place.

    ETA:

    I WANT NOTHING! I WANT NOTHING! NO QUID PRO QUO!

    Oh I don't know! I figured that either you or I were the people to run with them so never really thought about it. I meant if others wanted to get their own flags made, they might as well work with our guy.
    Life has a melody.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Mohnton, Pennsylvania
    (Berks County)
    Posts
    6,180
    Rep Power
    21474849

    Default Re: ***Yinzer Flags Round 3***

    Quote Originally Posted by alpacaheat View Post
    Can we get an Amish/PA Dutch version?

    According to this online translator, it would be:


    U kunt't nemen

    (You can't take it)



    https://translation.babylon-software...lish/to-dutch/







    No one would misinterpret that, right?
    Can I have one with just u kunt on it?
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Middle of PA, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    6,312
    Rep Power
    21474848

    Default Re: ***Yinzer Flags Round 3***

    'Bout time someone comments on it.

    U KUNT'T. (because no one has made the flags yet)
    Psalms 73:26

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania
    (Lehigh County)
    Posts
    2,564
    Rep Power
    21474845

    Default Re: ***Yinzer Flags Round 3***

    Quote Originally Posted by alpacaheat View Post
    Can we get an Amish/PA Dutch version?

    According to this online translator, it would be:
    U kunt't nemen

    (You can't take it)

    https://translation.babylon-software...lish/to-dutch/
    PA Dutch is actually a dialect of German, so more correctly in German it becomes 'Du kannst es nicht nehmen'
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Middle of PA, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    6,312
    Rep Power
    21474848

    Default Re: ***Yinzer Flags Round 3***

    Quote Originally Posted by gghbi View Post
    PA Dutch is actually a dialect of German, so more correctly in German it becomes 'Du kannst es nicht nehmen'
    Yeah but it's not as much fun to say as U KUNT'T NEMEN!
    Psalms 73:26

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Mill Hall, Pennsylvania
    (Clinton County)
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,577
    Rep Power
    21474848

    Default Re: ***Yinzer Flags Round 3***

    Quote Originally Posted by alpacaheat View Post
    Yeah but it's not as much fun to say as U KUNT'T NEMEN!
    For what it's worth, this is in fact the 100% accurate PA Dutch spelling and translation according to a very good New Order Amish friend of mine who confirmed this.

    I texted him lol
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    μολ ν λαβέ
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms!

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    SW PA, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    357
    Rep Power
    607955

    Default Re: ***Yinzer Flags Round 3***

    How can we order and who do we pay for the flags. I'd like 3.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Cranberry Twp, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)
    Posts
    86
    Rep Power
    1657675

    Default Re: ***Yinzer Flags Round 3***

    Quote Originally Posted by rangeofficer View Post
    How can we order and who do we pay for the flags. I'd like 3.
    last I saw JustinHEMI still had a bunch to sell, he's the guy to ask.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. ***Yinzer Flags Round 2***
    By JustinHEMI in forum Pennsylvania
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: January 22nd, 2020, 07:50 AM
  2. [Want To Sell] Handmade Rustic American Flags & Betsy Ross Flags
    By BandanaBandit1 in forum Everything Else
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: November 6th, 2019, 08:51 PM
  3. >>> YINZER flags <<< Taking orders
    By scruff in forum Pennsylvania
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: May 10th, 2019, 03:55 PM
  4. yinzer
    By Plain Old Bill in forum Feedback
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: December 1st, 2012, 03:23 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Local gun shops | Local shooting ranges | Philadelphia Shooting Ranges | Philadelphia Gun Shops | Pittsburgh Shooting Ranges | Pittsburgh Gun Shops