Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Lackawanna County)

Default Re: Glock 44 Rimfire

If they release one with the threaded barrel I’ll probably get one. I don’t want to buy the gun then the barrel for something I only want to shoot suppressed

Quote Originally Posted by NathanB View Post
    If they release one with the threaded barrel I’ll probably get one. I don’t want to buy the gun then the barrel for something I only want to shoot suppressed
    The annoying thing is that in another month half of dozen aftermarket companies will have threaded barrels for this pistol. Why Glock feels the need to release different versions of the same pistol over a 2 year period is beyond me. Just offer a threaded model or better yet thread them all like S&W did with their full size M&P and Taurus is doing with their very excellent TX22.

It's my only real complaint about Glock.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    The annoying thing is that in another month half of dozen aftermarket companies will have threaded barrels for this pistol. Why Glock feels the need to release different versions of the same pistol over a 2 year period is beyond me. Just offer a threaded model or better yet thread them all like S&W did with their full size M&P and Taurus is doing with their very excellent TX22.

It's my only real complaint about Glock.
    Speaking of Taurus TX22. I've been eyeing that up and see very good reviews on it. Looks like they did quite alot of cool stuff and innovation especially with the trigger. And the 16 round mags are a real bonus. Can be had for $250 from OSS. Anybody had hands on or know someone who has.

Quote Originally Posted by Knightshift View Post
    Speaking of Taurus TX22. I've been eyeing that up and see very good reviews on it. Looks like they did quite alot of cool stuff and innovation especially with the trigger. And the 16 round mags are a real bonus. Can be had for $250 from OSS. Anybody had hands on or know someone who has.
    A few guy's I know a long time on another message forum swear by them, and for that price it's worth any gamble in my option. The owner of Pocono Mountain firearms showed me his personal TX22 and said it runs flawless and he prefers it over anything else he has in his case right now. He didn't have any in stock so he wasn't trying to sell me one so I have no reason to think he's bull shitting me.

Here’s an overview on the G44 from Shot Show. Apparently there will be higher cap magazines once they copy Taurus.

(Butler County)

I'm not buying a $400 pistol then have to buy a $150 threaded barrel. I'll be waiting a bit.

(Chester County)

Sorry Glock but my TX22 is in the mail.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Knightshift View Post
    Sorry Glock but my TX22 is in the mail.
    Oh and it comes with 2 16round mags and I added another for $17. Read somewhere that the mags were hard to find. Not so.

(Cumberland County)

Well as I said Im back from the range. Totally enjoyed shooting this. Tried the following ammo, cci ar tactical, federal champion, federal suppressor, pmc target, Aguila super extra, cci stinger, aguila sss. Cci ar tactical worked well, federal champion worked well, federal suppressor worked well, pmc target 20% fte, aguila sss key-holed constantly, aguila super extra 100% fte, cci stinger worked well. All the above that functioned well would group in the black on a b3 target at 10 yds. Most groups would score in the low 90 range with cci ar and stingers scoring 97 or better. I’m not sure this is a gun good for bullseye but it’s still good considering my old eyes and typical Glock sites. All considered if your a Glock person this is a good choice for practice. I had a lot of fun and was pleased overall with accuracy and function. Trigger pull is better than what you’ll find on most glocks. Stingers give you a good muzzle blast kinda like shooting small centerfire. Now for a minor criticism, noticed the 10th round loaded in the mag has a tendency to sit point down if this occurs if can cause a ftf when chambering when the bullet hits the tab on the front of the mag. This occurred several times for me, so I made it a point to make sure round 10 was sitting in the mag correctly. This extra effort removed the issue for me. Am I happy with the purchase? Yes after all I’m a Glock guy, why shoot something that feels and works different.

(Luzerne County)

By the way ... threaded barrels are out there & available.
    However it seems that distributors have neglected NEPA Glock retailers... annoying & unfair to the gun dealers.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast