Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Shot Show 2020.

(York County)

Default Re: Shot Show 2020.

I'm interested in the Swampfox Optics Blade 1x prism scope. Regular red dots look like some sort of star to me with astigmatism. I like the idea of the close quarters hold over reticle for home defense. I want to see how it compares to the Primary Arms Cyclops 1x prism. Of course PA is coming out with a new 2x prism, but at a higher price.

https://gatdaily.com/swampfox-blade/

Live Free or Die! FJB!!!

(Northampton County)

All firing pins are removed from all guns on display at shot show,that is there # 1 rule
    www.EastonFirearmsRefinishing.com Owner/Operator, NRA Pistol Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by chkrdflg View Post
    I'm interested in the Swampfox Optics Blade 1x prism scope. Regular red dots look like some sort of star to me with astigmatism. I like the idea of the close quarters hold over reticle for home defense. I want to see how it compares to the Primary Arms Cyclops 1x prism. Of course PA is coming out with a new 2x prism, but at a higher price.

https://gatdaily.com/swampfox-blade/

I'm curious to see how it is vs the PA Cyclops, as well. I have the PA and it's a nice optic, but I'm interested in the Blade reticle.

(York County)

What is your opinion of the size of the reticle in the PA Cyclops? I've read many reviews where people complain that it is small.

Quote Originally Posted by chkrdflg View Post
    What is your opinion of the size of the reticle in the PA Cyclops? I've read many reviews where people complain that it is small.
    It's definitely on the small side. My eyesight isn't that great, so while the reticle is crystal clear, I can barely tell there's a chevron. It just looks like a dot to me. Not a big deal because I really don't use the ranging capabilities of the ACSS in this optic like i do on my 1-8 PA scopes. It works as a really good dot sight for my AK for up close work, and I can use the lines to hit out to about 200 yards.

For my wife, who has excellent eyesight, she can see the reticle clear as day and can use it to its full potential. She also has A Holosun red dot with the ACSS reticle and she can ring steel at extended ranges with her PCC all day long. All I see is a red blur. I'm lucky if I can hit accurately to 50yds with it.

(Chester County)

I’m interested to see the TLR-9 in person but not enough to buy it before seeing it. The PSA handgun looks cool but I rather have a blade safety type trigger than hinged trigger.
    "The Constitution is the guide which I will not abandon.” - George Washington

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    It's definitely on the small side. My eyesight isn't that great, so while the reticle is crystal clear, I can barely tell there's a chevron. It just looks like a dot to me. Not a big deal because I really don't use the ranging capabilities of the ACSS in this optic like i do on my 1-8 PA scopes. It works as a really good dot sight for my AK for up close work, and I can use the lines to hit out to about 200 yards.

For my wife, who has excellent eyesight, she can see the reticle clear as day and can use it to its full potential. She also has A Holosun red dot with the ACSS reticle and she can ring steel at extended ranges with her PCC all day long. All I see is a red blur. I'm lucky if I can hit accurately to 50yds with it.
    Thanks for the info. Gonna wait to see the Swampfox Blade and the new 2x from PA.
    Live Free or Die! FJB!!!

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    EM might like this one since it get's rid of the goofy looking Glock stick mags in a AR-9.

The custom series of this firearm will MSRP between $700.00 & $800.00 so the standard series will be less.

Oh, HELL YEAH.
    That's going to be nice as hell in a PISTOL.

It doesn't do enough things better than my 9mm carbine to justify wanting that version, but as a pistol? Yes, please.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Oh, HELL YEAH.
    That's going to be nice as hell in a PISTOL.

It doesn't do enough things better than my 9mm carbine to justify wanting that version, but as a pistol? Yes, please.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast