Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shot Show 2020.

Hybrid View

Default Shot Show 2020.

Apparently shot show 2020 is happening now which I didn't know since Virginia has been the main focus for many. I figured I would start a thread for any new and cool products coming out this year.

I will start if off with Arsenals new AK-20.

(Columbia County)

Default Re: Shot Show 2020.

MSRP of $2199? For a New and improved AK? I'll pass. The IWI Galil Ace is cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by eagleclaw View Post
    MSRP of $2199? For a New and improved AK? I'll pass. The IWI Galil Ace is cheaper.
    They clearly state in the video that the $2100 price tag is for the first 100-200 "custom guns". There is no pricing for the regular stamped gun that will come out at the end of the year. If they want to be competitive, they should try to keep that price under $1500. Under $1k would be spectacular, but will never happen in a million trillion fucking years.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    I just came back to post this one

Quote Originally Posted by Misery Loves Shotguns View Post
    I couldn't help but notice how uncomfortable the PSA engineer looked the whole time. I'm not familiar with that channel but it seemed like he swept the engineer a dozen or so times. Imagine how many times these guys have to get in front of someone's camera (for their dozens of followers) to explain this shit over and over ...
    The display firearms are all deactivated at shot show. If you notice there’s never any chamber checking or testing the trigger pull or reset. All display firearms are checked when the displays go up. There’s thousands of people walking around it’s impossible to not flag someone.

Quote Originally Posted by esh21167 View Post
    Never been to SHOT. Likely will never be eligible to attend. But by vicariously living through the attendance of others, I see:

WINS:

HK SP5 is not limited production and will continue to be imported.
    FB Mini Beryl in pistols form. Can you say Mini Beryl SBR?

LOSSES:
    Ever expanding useless AR accessories and uber expensive esoteric AR variants. (raxar makes a great point above.)
    Ever expanding tacticooled variants of existing designs.
    PSA MP5 clone. Feeble attempt with roller lock basics dressed up in Magpul to convert AR owners.
    A few PSA AK variants designed to mimic some older 'preban' rifles. 100% US made. When has that ever worked well for mass production?
    I disagree with just about everything you say. Regarding PSA the current line of PSA AK’s have been kicking serious ass for quite sometime now and they continue to expand their overall manufacturing in huge ways as compared to most other manufacturers out there who are just trying to stay afloat all while offering fair priced products people actually want.
    Last edited by Hodgie; January 25th, 2020 at 12:21 PM.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    I disagree with just about everything you say. Regarding PSA the current line of PSA AK’s have been kicking serious ass for quite sometime now and they continue to expand their overall manufacturing in huge ways as compared to most other manufacturers out there who are just trying to stay afloat all while offering fair priced products people actually want.
    I understand your point and I respect your opinion. I guess my point was that many AK collectors prefer import rifles over imported kits on US receivers over imported kits on US receivers with US barrels over complete US rifles. PSA is making reliable AK variant rifles, they just might not appeal to a large segment of that community. If you want an AK type rifle that functions, PSA will deliver. If you want an AK type rifle that gets closer to an original (disregard the semi/select fire factor), you probably want an OG barreled kit built by a pro on a receiver like Childers or 74U LLC.

I just find it a little ironic that on AK Files, members who seem to be 'all in' with prebans, custom builds, correctness, etc. seem to be falling all over themselves concerning the PSA rifles. But Robski likes 'em...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast