Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 86

Thread: Shot Show 2020.

  1. #41
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    York, Pennsylvania
    (York County)
    Posts
    153
    Rep Power
    2634267

    Default Re: Shot Show 2020.

    I'm interested in the Swampfox Optics Blade 1x prism scope. Regular red dots look like some sort of star to me with astigmatism. I like the idea of the close quarters hold over reticle for home defense. I want to see how it compares to the Primary Arms Cyclops 1x prism. Of course PA is coming out with a new 2x prism, but at a higher price.

    https://gatdaily.com/swampfox-blade/

    Smartphones - the downfall of civilization

  2. #42
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Easton, Pennsylvania
    (Northampton County)
    Posts
    1,299
    Rep Power
    6015038

    Default Re: Shot Show 2020.

    All firing pins are removed from all guns on display at shot show,that is there # 1 rule
    www.EastonFirearmsRefinishing.com Owner/Operator, NRA Pistol Instructor

  3. #43
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Somewhere, Pennsylvania
    (Chester County)
    Posts
    1,420
    Rep Power
    15090652

    Default Re: Shot Show 2020.

    Quote Originally Posted by chkrdflg View Post
    I'm interested in the Swampfox Optics Blade 1x prism scope. Regular red dots look like some sort of star to me with astigmatism. I like the idea of the close quarters hold over reticle for home defense. I want to see how it compares to the Primary Arms Cyclops 1x prism. Of course PA is coming out with a new 2x prism, but at a higher price.

    https://gatdaily.com/swampfox-blade/

    I'm curious to see how it is vs the PA Cyclops, as well. I have the PA and it's a nice optic, but I'm interested in the Blade reticle.
    "Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle"

  4. #44
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    York, Pennsylvania
    (York County)
    Posts
    153
    Rep Power
    2634267

    Default Re: Shot Show 2020.

    What is your opinion of the size of the reticle in the PA Cyclops? I've read many reviews where people complain that it is small.

  5. #45
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Somewhere, Pennsylvania
    (Chester County)
    Posts
    1,420
    Rep Power
    15090652

    Default Re: Shot Show 2020.

    Quote Originally Posted by chkrdflg View Post
    What is your opinion of the size of the reticle in the PA Cyclops? I've read many reviews where people complain that it is small.
    It's definitely on the small side. My eyesight isn't that great, so while the reticle is crystal clear, I can barely tell there's a chevron. It just looks like a dot to me. Not a big deal because I really don't use the ranging capabilities of the ACSS in this optic like i do on my 1-8 PA scopes. It works as a really good dot sight for my AK for up close work, and I can use the lines to hit out to about 200 yards.

    For my wife, who has excellent eyesight, she can see the reticle clear as day and can use it to its full potential. She also has A Holosun red dot with the ACSS reticle and she can ring steel at extended ranges with her PCC all day long. All I see is a red blur. I'm lucky if I can hit accurately to 50yds with it.
    "Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle"

  6. #46
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    "The Country", Pennsylvania
    (Chester County)
    Posts
    2,105
    Rep Power
    21474845

    Default Re: Shot Show 2020.

    I’m interested to see the TLR-9 in person but not enough to buy it before seeing it. The PSA handgun looks cool but I rather have a blade safety type trigger than hinged trigger.
    "The Constitution is the guide which I will not abandon.” - George Washington

  7. #47
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    York, Pennsylvania
    (York County)
    Posts
    153
    Rep Power
    2634267

    Default Re: Shot Show 2020.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    It's definitely on the small side. My eyesight isn't that great, so while the reticle is crystal clear, I can barely tell there's a chevron. It just looks like a dot to me. Not a big deal because I really don't use the ranging capabilities of the ACSS in this optic like i do on my 1-8 PA scopes. It works as a really good dot sight for my AK for up close work, and I can use the lines to hit out to about 200 yards.

    For my wife, who has excellent eyesight, she can see the reticle clear as day and can use it to its full potential. She also has A Holosun red dot with the ACSS reticle and she can ring steel at extended ranges with her PCC all day long. All I see is a red blur. I'm lucky if I can hit accurately to 50yds with it.
    Thanks for the info. Gonna wait to see the Swampfox Blade and the new 2x from PA.
    Smartphones - the downfall of civilization

  8. #48
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    On top of a hill, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    8,433
    Rep Power
    21474851

    Default Re: Shot Show 2020.


  9. #49
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Allegheny County)
    Posts
    26,825
    Rep Power
    21474876

    Default Re: Shot Show 2020.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    EM might like this one since it get's rid of the goofy looking Glock stick mags in a AR-9.

    The custom series of this firearm will MSRP between $700.00 & $800.00 so the standard series will be less.


    Oh, HELL YEAH.
    That's going to be nice as hell in a PISTOL.

    It doesn't do enough things better than my 9mm carbine to justify wanting that version, but as a pistol? Yes, please.
    GROUP SHOOT was last SAT. You missed it. Watch for the NEXT one! (link)

  10. #50
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    On top of a hill, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    8,433
    Rep Power
    21474851

    Default Re: Shot Show 2020.

    Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Oh, HELL YEAH.
    That's going to be nice as hell in a PISTOL.

    It doesn't do enough things better than my 9mm carbine to justify wanting that version, but as a pistol? Yes, please.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. 2020 Shot Show Rumors
    By eagleclaw in forum General
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: January 7th, 2020, 05:00 AM
  2. Leesport Gun Show - Jan 4th & 5th, 2020
    By Noah.A in forum Gun Shows
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: January 5th, 2020, 01:15 PM
  3. Altoona Gun Show, Jan 4th - 5th, 2020
    By Noah.A in forum Gun Shows
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: January 5th, 2020, 10:42 AM
  4. Lebanon Valley Gun Show - Jan 4th & 5th, 2020
    By Noah.A in forum Gun Shows
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: January 4th, 2020, 05:42 PM
  5. Lebanon show Jan 4-5 2020
    By Rural Ruger in forum Gun Shows
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: December 31st, 2019, 02:35 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Local gun shops | Local shooting ranges | Philadelphia Shooting Ranges | Philadelphia Gun Shops | Pittsburgh Shooting Ranges | Pittsburgh Gun Shops