(Delaware County)

Default Re: PICS denial

Quote Originally Posted by McSull View Post
    Just curious, what pistol did you win?
    Canik Tp9sfx. Its replacing my M&P M2.0 5 inch

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ronnie857 View Post
    The challenge form is the exact info the 4473 asked. The raffle was actually held by the ffl himself. He said if it didnt clear he would cash me out on the firearm.
    Yes, it does ask basically the same questions as the 4473 but the when doing the PICS check it uses your DL info and doesn't necessarily take into account the info you can provide on the challenge form. Remember the PICS people don't see how you answered/filled in the questions/blocks, they just respond to what the computer tells them. That's why if your are Jr. and the computer doesn't see it, it can be a red flag causing the denial. When the PSP does the investigation using the info from the challenge form, they go even more in depth than the PICS does.

The other thing that I noticed is that you said the FFL did the raffle himself. Does the FFL also have a PA Small Games of Chance License? If he does not he legally can not hold a raffle, doesn't matter if he is a LEO or not. Raffles are used to generate funds, typically for non profit organizations, volunteer fire departments, veterans organizations, etc. NOT for businesses. Even the Friends of NRA (FoNRA) committees have to obtain a small games of chance license when they hold their fund raising banquets and raffle off guns. Him doing this without the license doesn't affect you but it can burn him.
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Xringshooter View Post
    Yes, it does ask basically the same questions as the 4473 but the when doing the PICS check it uses your DL info and doesn't necessarily take into account the info you can provide on the challenge form. Remember the PICS people don't see how you answered/filled in the questions/blocks, they just respond to what the computer tells them. That's why if your are Jr. and the computer doesn't see it, it can be a red flag causing the denial. When the PSP does the investigation using the info from the challenge form, they go even more in depth than the PICS does.

The other thing that I noticed is that you said the FFL did the raffle himself. Does the FFL also have a PA Small Games of Chance License? If he does not he legally can not hold a raffle, doesn't matter if he is a LEO or not. Raffles are used to generate funds, typically for non profit organizations, volunteer fire departments, veterans organizations, etc. NOT for businesses. Even the Friends of NRA (FoNRA) committees have to obtain a small games of chance license when they hold their fund raising banquets and raffle off guns. Him doing this without the license doesn't affect you but it can burn him.
    Yes i believe he does. The funds gained from these games he holds always go to something though. Like i believe this one was for a woman who got diagnosed with stage 3 breast cancer. The one before was for a kid with a terminak illness.

(Delaware County)

Ok. So after my first challenge form getting lost in the mail. I finally received the reason i was put into Undetermined. Apparently two days after my mother passed away in 2009 someone filled a criminal complaint about me. Saying i damaged their car. At this point in time i was staying with a friend in NJ because my father kicked me out the day my mother passed away on 9/11/2009. They offense date was 9/13/2009. They subpoenaed the wrong address. I already set the hearing date for next week.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ronnie857 View Post
    Ok. So after my first challenge form getting lost in the mail. I finally received the reason i was put into Undetermined. Apparently two days after my mother passed away in 2009 someone filled a criminal complaint about me. Saying i damaged their car. At this point in time i was staying with a friend in NJ because my father kicked me out the day my mother passed away on 9/11/2009. They offense date was 9/13/2009. They subpoenaed the wrong address. I already set the hearing date for next week.
    Hearing date for what? Seems like the statute of limitations is long done on the original offense, even if you WERE the guilty party. Are they suggesting the mere filing of a criminal complaint by someone else is prohibiting?
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    Hearing date for what? Seems like the statute of limitations is long done on the original offense, even if you WERE the guilty party. Are they suggesting the mere filing of a criminal complaint by someone else is prohibiting?
    There is no statue of limitations once the criminal complaint is filed against you. Only between the offense date and when the complaint is filled against you. So i have to lose a day of pay to go handle this bullshit. Its fuckery at its finest

(Montgomery County)

Ok, so somebody is going to ask.... how did you "damage their car"? Did you go postal with an AK? Baseball bat? or just scratch the fender while pulling out of the driveway? Enquiring minds want to know.....

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Royinmontco View Post
    Ok, so somebody is going to ask.... how did you "damage their car"? Did you go postal with an AK? Baseball bat? or just scratch the fender while pulling out of the driveway? Enquiring minds want to know.....
    Thats the thing. I never did it. Its was a guy my father knew. A drunk like my father making shit up. I got the case notes and docket today. They sent the subpoena to a completey wrong address. I dont even really know who this guy is. I seen him in person maybe twice.

(Bucks County)

A lot of places refuse to include the Jr to my name. Son's III the same. Why the hell they change our names is beyond me. It sure can make problems.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast