Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 44 of 47 FirstFirst ... 344041424344454647 LastLast

Default Re: ****VA Rally reporting thread.***

Quote Originally Posted by Jhaydeno View Post
    I was standing next to Scruff during that conversation. While i applaud the show of force at times like that, with tens of thousands of people in tight quarters, you’re right: there are plenty of better sling options for crowds then a bungee single point. Not every walk with a rifle has to be tactical.
    The funny part is most legit "tactical" guys hate single point bungee slings due to their lack of stability and the fact the weapon cracks you in the yam sack every chance it gets. You can still get a tactical look if desired using a 2 point quick adjust, the that every well known tactical guy recommends or sells.

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

I was standing next to Scruff during that conversation. While i applaud the show of force at times like that, with tens of thousands of people in tight quarters, you’re right: there are plenty of better sling options for crowds then a bungee single point. Not every walk with a rifle has to be tactical.
    Plenty of people were just resting their arm or open palm on their weapon. He was the only one I saw all day with a firing grip. Not a serious offense, but I just have a big mouth.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    Plenty of people were just resting their arm or open palm on their weapon. He was the only one I saw all day with a firing grip. Not a serious offense, but I just have a big mouth.
    I think a two point sling out front and a firm grip on the handguard is plenty of retention.

(Juniata County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    The funny part is most legit "tactical" guys hate single point bungee slings due to their lack of stability and the fact the weapon cracks you in the yam sack every chance it gets. You can still get a tactical look if desired using a 2 point quick adjust, the that every well known tactical guy recommends or sells.
    Personally when wearing body armor I preform a single point sling, a wolf hook. It isn’t bungee, keeps the weapons handy, and lets you toss it behind you (inconveniently) if you need your hands close to the ground, such as when treating causalities. That said, my preference seems uncommon, and is likely heavily influenced for my time as a combat medic.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by jthrelf View Post
    I think a two point sling out front and a firm grip on the handguard is plenty of retention.
    This ^^^^^^^^
    - bamboomaster

Dana Loesch is interviewing a Cam Edwards, who is from VA.

Frederick County, VA has an invite from West Virginia to leave VA and become part of WV and may use it if anti-2A laws are passed. Other counties could later come up with resolutions to follow.

https://www.wusa9.com/article/news/l...5-f6ed702f4c14

He's also saying that Virginia has a great chance to go to Trump because of all of this, that gun owners are energized to vote. We can only hope that's true.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

I just remembered the rest of that conversation. After telling me he had a firing grip on the rifle so he could maintain control of the weapon at all times, I noted that everyone else was doing so without a firing grip. Then he gave me the old "well, the gun is empty anyway" line, which really frosted my bananas. I replied with the usual "so no one has ever been shot with an "empty" gun?" Then I told him to stop pointing the gun at my foot.

Oh shit, the media was right after all! There were Safety Nazis in Richmond!
    Last edited by scruff; January 25th, 2020 at 07:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosco the Iroc View Post
    Ok...I hear and see that and feel much the same.
    BUT
    I saw that and my take is it shows how in this fuckec up world it's the new rebel banner in its own country.
    Rebels of old and new. Frankly it's not as bad as what the libs are doing to it.
    *Flamesuit on*

As for the blue stripes--you also hate on the firefighters red?

So many cop bashers here....are they all good? no -but plenty that are have their asses in the line of fire everyday. Go get you flag panties in twist about a real prob.
    Yes, firefighter red and cop blue - both are a desecration in my book. Where does it stop? I also don't like enhanced penalties for killing any politician, law enforcement officer, or any other government official. "Hate Crimes" laws are also a violation of the Constitution that should not be allowed. We are all citizens of the same Republic and are supposed to be treated equally under the law.
    Relationships between men and women can be difficult - but not impossible.

(Berks County)

I was ordering replacement flags yesterday and saw an American flag with a yellow stripe. I think it is to represent dispachers.
    Where will it stop, indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by alpacaheat View Post
    Dana Loesch is interviewing a Cam Edwards, who is from VA.

Frederick County, VA has an invite from West Virginia to leave VA and become part of WV and may use it if anti-2A laws are passed. Other counties could later come up with resolutions to follow.

https://www.wusa9.com/article/news/l...5-f6ed702f4c14

He's also saying that Virginia has a great chance to go to Trump because of all of this, that gun owners are energized to vote. We can only hope that's true.
    cam edwards is also a former NRA host. they know each other and both are good but i didn't follow her to her new show, i followed him.
    he lives in VA but i think is from oklahoma or NJ. he is a bushy bearded goat man.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

Page 44 of 47 FirstFirst ... 344041424344454647 LastLast