Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 31 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast

Default Re: ****VA Rally reporting thread.***

Well someone is certainly all full of piss and vinegar.

As I've said many times over the last few days I'm grateful and proud of those who took the time and effort to attend Virginia. It's really excellent to see so many from all over from different walks of life support one another.

This being said standing outside with a sign or chanting USA will only go so far especially after the damage has already been done like we see in VA.

These battles are 1st fought on election day at the polls or in the courts which is where this all started in VA with only 40% of the state voting, and where it's ending in the courts with no guarantee and a very large legal bill that win or lose someone has to pay.

Both the election process and legal process will require funding and the VCDL and GOA will need many donations no different then the FPC who has taken on Pittsburgh and now the AG and Governor over the 80% nonsense. There are many legit reasons why people can't make a rally but that doesn't mean we aren't helping or are hindering the cause. Donations to the correct candidates and to the correct groups who are directly fighting these battles is every bit as important if not more so. Writing and calling your elected officials and letting them know both your pleasure and displeasure of the job they are doing regardless if they are a republican or democrat is important and has made a difference especially when good or garbage bills are being brought to a vote.

I agree talking shit on PAFOA isn't productive, however using social media to get the word out to friends, family and anyone else over these issues is huge. Without social media Donald Trump most likely wouldn't be president, and both the outrage over VA, and the rally response would have been much less. It's a powerful tool and we must use it to our advantage especially when good electable candidates, or bad laws come forward. Some may call it being a keyboard commando, but like it or not it's how we conduct business in the 21st century in most ways including this.

There is always much to get done and a lot of ground to be gained and most of it happens behind curtains or a closed door so once again I thank all those who went and have gone in years past, but I won't condemn those who didn't or cannot. Instead I will encourage all to get involved as best as you can in anyway possible including something as small and easy as setting up an Amazon smile account and donating by doing your normal shopping to the GOA, or by taking someone who's never shot to the range sometime in order to show them what it's about. Hell take your kids and make sure it's as much a positive part of their life as it has been yours. Join a range attend it's meetings, volunteer to keep it going because we need as many as possible to remain opened if we are going to keep the 2nd amendment and the shooting sports alive. I hope to make it to the Harrisburg rally this year however realistically for me it's a long shot, but that doesn't mean I don't care and won't continue to fight and support in many other ways.

In the end there are many ways to fight this battle so do what you can, continue to keep the pressure on and never stop fighting.
    Last edited by Hodgie; January 21st, 2020 at 05:03 AM.

(Chester County)

What a blast in Richmond yesterday!!!

It was everything I expected and more.

Great to have a Yinzer meeting area, too. Wouldn't have happened without the flags.

The variety of the crowd, the smiles, fistbumps, and most importantly the conversations with ALL types of folks. In the end we're all the same type of folk.

MANY expressed appreciation for a Penna. contingent attending. Just told them we experience the same at home.

Most exciting were the conversations with the young 'uns, who will be joining and then showing the way (if they remember to dress accordingly).

Thanks again all, it was a blast!

...Justin, 'Big Red' stopped by for you. He said you'll know who I mean. I get it!

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    Here's a nice piece from Infowars. Check out the old guy at the end who calls an MSNBC reporter a piece of shit live on the air, hahaha!

https://assets.infowarsmedia.com/vid...e4dfbe970f.mp4
    Conservatives dont lie. Its a wonder why they are called fake news.

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    Well someone is certainly all full of piss and vinegar.

As I've said many times over the last few days I'm grateful and proud of those who took the time and effort to attend Virginia. It's really excellent to see so many from all over from different walks of life support one another.

This being said standing outside with a sign or chanting USA will only go so far especially after the damage has already been done like we see in VA.

These battles are 1st fought on election day at the polls or in the courts which is where this all started in VA with only 40% of the state voting, and where it's ending in the courts with no guarantee and a very large legal bill that win or lose someone has to pay.

Both the election process and legal process will require funding and the VCDL and GOA will need many donations no different then the FPC who has taken on Pittsburgh and now the AG and Governor over the 80% nonsense. There are many legit reasons why people can't make a rally but that doesn't mean we aren't helping or are hindering the cause. Donations to the correct candidates and to the correct groups who are directly fighting these battles is every bit as important if not more so. Writing and calling your elected officials and letting them know both your pleasure and displeasure of the job they are doing regardless if they are a republican or democrat is important and has made a difference especially when good or garbage bills are being brought to a vote.

I agree talking shit on PAFOA isn't productive, however using social media to get the word out to friends, family and anyone else over these issues is huge. Without social media Donald Trump most likely wouldn't be president, and both the outrage over VA, and the rally response would have been much less. It's a powerful tool and we must use it to our advantage especially when good electable candidates, or bad laws come forward. Some may call it being a keyboard commando, but like it or not it's how we conduct business in the 21st century in most ways including this.

There is always much to get done and a lot of ground to be gained and most of it happens behind curtains or a closed door so once again I thank all those who went and have gone in years past, but I won't condemn those who didn't or cannot. Instead I will encourage all to get involved as best as you can in anyway possible including something as small and easy as setting up an Amazon smile account and donating by doing your normal shopping to the GOA, or by taking someone who's never shot to the range sometime in order to show them what it's about. Hell take your kids and make sure it's as much a positive part of their life as it has been yours. Join a range attend it's meetings, volunteer to keep it going because we need as many as possible to remain opened if we are going to keep the 2nd amendment and the shooting sports alive. I hope to make it to the Harrisburg rally this year however realistically for me it's a long shot, but that doesn't mean I don't care and won't continue to fight and support in many other ways.

In the end there are many ways to fight this battle so do what you can, continue to keep the pressure on and never stop fighting.
    This one was WAY more important than our yearly Harrisburg rally. Yes, the fight in Virginia is already lost, for now anyway. This rally was a wake-up call to the rest of the country. In that regard, Northam's over-reaction and the media's lies played right into our hands. Nationwide media couldn't help but cover tens of thousands of Nazis and white supremacists, armed to the teeth, there to create another Charlottesville. What they ended up covering was a huge crowd of peaceful citizens protesting for their Constitutional rights against an abusive Democrat administration, while giving the double-barrelled finger to the lying media.

The extra effort award goes to that old guy who told the MSNBC reporter "Y'all a bunch of fuckin' lyin' pieces of shit, fuck you!" live on the air. The reporter was there because tens of thousands of us said on social media that we were coming, and we poofers were directly behind the reporter in that shot, part of the massive crowd in the background. So I'm claiming a tiny bit of personal credit for our helping to set up that glorious moment.

Last edited by scruff; January 21st, 2020 at 05:41 PM.

(Indiana County)

So, what happened to the crime rate for Richmond, Va. when all those people with guns showed up?

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by Statkowski View Post
    So, what happened to the crime rate for Richmond, Va. when all those people with guns showed up?
    We jaywalked.

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    This one was WAY more important than our yearly Harrisburg rally. Yes, the fight in Virginia is already lost, for now anyway. This rally was a wake-up call to the rest of the country. In that regard, Northam's over-reaction and the media's lies played right into our hands. Nationwide media couldn't help but cover tens of thousands of Nazis and white supremacists, armed to the teeth, there to create another Charlottesville. What they ended up covering was a huge crowd of peaceful citizens protesting for their Constitutional rights against an abusive Democrat administration, while giving the double-barrelled finger to the lying media.

The extra effort award goes to that old guy who told the MSNBC reporter "Y'all can go fuck yourselves, you lying pieces of shit! Fuck you!" live on the air. The reporter was there because tens of thousands of us said on social media that we were coming, and we poofers were directly behind the reporter in that shot, part of the massive crowd in the background. So I'm claiming a tiny bit of personal credit for our helping to set up that glorious moment.

What I put in bold in your post I wrote several times yesterday both on this site and others. I agree with you completely and when it comes down to it, it's all important from the guy who donates monthly to the guy who likes to go to rallies.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    So to be a bit negative.

In the run up to this rally, similar to the Pittsburgh rally, the instate 2A lobby group was crying and fussing about open carry of rifles and not wearing suits.

Can we finally, once and for all, get the fuck over that shit?
    If it's not supposed to rain in June I'll take one for the team and wear a suit with my AR slung.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Gixxer View Post
    KJP442, were you there today?
    Were you wearing a gopro on a chest mount?
    No. I was back and forth on going or not, and when I finally decided I couldn't get the day off work.

(Clinton County)

Quote Originally Posted by KJP442 View Post
    If it's not supposed to rain in June I'll take one for the team and wear a suit with my AR slung.

No. I was back and forth on going or not, and when I finally decided I couldn't get the day off work.
    Ah ok. I was excited, I thought I saw you in a RT livestream walking by the camera man haha. Must've been your doppelganger
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    μολ ν λαβέ
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms!

(Delaware County)

Oh man!! All the “White Nationalists”....burning the cars & looting establishments....fighting with & attacking police.....assaulting journalists. It was carnage!

Oh wait a second.... NONE of that happened because conservatives & Republicans DON’T ACT LIKE LIKE THAT! Only Democrats & progressives on the Left do.

LOL! Clinton News Network & conspiracy theory msnbc are SOOO pissed today! Their entire narrative for yesterday went all to hell.
    Remember Biden the Pedophile! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSRqaO6DXcA

Page 31 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast