I wanna start off by saying I'm not completely new to shooting, but I never owned any firearms myself until recently. That said, my head is spinning with all this new information I suddenly have to learn and consider, especially when it comes to ammunition.

Now as far as I'm aware, because a revolver has fewer moving parts than any modern auto pistol, feeding obviously isn't an issue, so specific ammunition isn't as important to the specific gun, at least other than caliber. That said, I'm getting a Rough Rider with the .22WMR cylinder soon, and I have no idea what ammo I should buy or if it even really matters. The one I'm getting is the cheaper alloy-framed one, not the case-hardened one, if that matters.

What brand and specific type of ammo do you guys recommend, for both .22LR and .22WMR, specifically in this gun, and why? I mostly plan on just plinking targets with it for fun(I have a 20 gauge if needed for home defense), but at the same time it wouldn't hurt to have a good defensive round, should I ever need to use it for that. My main concerns are accuracy, stopping power, and whether or not there's any ammunition available in .22 at all that's too powerful for the cheaper aluminum alloy. ...And of course cost. I'm not made of money, which is why I opted for the Rough Rider in .22 in the first place.

How much does the specific ammo really matter, in an old style revolver with super basic fixed sights and a 4 3/4 inch barrel matter anyway?

And to the mods, I apologize if you feel this belongs in the ammo section instead, and feel free to move it. I just figured I might get a more specific answer here.