Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Re: "Sanctuary Counties" in PA.

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    The use of a space in front of all punctuation looks familiar.
    It could just be a coincidence though.
    I'm not much of a believer in such 'coincidences'.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobrf250 View Post
    The PA Second Amendment Sanctuary was started March 2019 in Pike County . The mission statement is “No County Manpower , Money , equipment , or facilities “ will be used to enforce any new state or federal laws within a county . If the state or feds want to enforce the laws they have to bring their own resources . We refuse to use our tax dollars to enforce new gun laws against ourselves !! For anybody out there saying we are violating ”Preemption Law “you are wrong . No where in the law says we can’t have a local law refusing to use our tax dollars.The preemption law says local or county can’t make laws regulating firearms , mags , or ammo which our ordinance doesn’t even touch . This ordinance will be the same for every county in PA so politicians stop lying to the people saying the ordinance will change gun laws from county to county and that we are violating the premption law. All Gun Groups need to work together to protect our rights and stop bashing what others are doing . This movement has lit a fire under people’s butt to do something before it’s to late .Please support your counties SASO ! We are Pike County Strong !!!
    Quote Originally Posted by longcall911 View Post
    Wow. In your very first post, you blow in here and act like this Pike County version is well known to all and is the defacto, statewide standard. Then you accuse those of us who don't necessarily support SASO in PA of being wrong, and probably of being politicians. Then you call for unity?

FYI, we are not bashing anyone. We are having what is called an adult conversation, in an attempt to sort out a very complex issue.
    Can we have such a civilized conversation while wearing 'mighty shirts?'

But he has one point, maybe. Should a state/federal level law only be enforced by state/federal level LE agencies? I might see that as valid. OTOH, we are all screaming about local LE not cooperating with the Feds concerning immigration. Maybe I'm just a fool, but is it not the same situation?

(Pike County)

Yes it is my first post on here and I’m trying to info everybody out there that doesn’t understand the SASO movement.I said anybody who says we are violating preemption law is wrong.I never said anyone who don’t support the movement is wrong.Thats their opinion and they welcome to it.As for politicians they are spreading false info to people out there.Didnt say anyone on here bashing others,but others are out there doing it.Yes I do call for unity for everyone to work together to protect our rights before Wolf screws us.
    Last edited by Bobrf250; January 26th, 2020 at 08:01 PM.

(Centre County)

Ima thinking that sanctuary counties in PA is only going to be symbolic, not that there is anything wrong with symbolism. I think what is needed is a push for sanctuary cities(which probably won't happen), towns, boroughs, townships, etc. These are what hire and can control, to a degree, the police forces THEY hire.
    Let's go Brandon!!!

(Cumberland County)

That is a very good point and there are several municipalities that are looking adopting GOA's SASO right now.

The only signatures that even matter in the slightest are the signatures of all the law enforcement officers. Most will not give two shits about a piece of paper and will enforce whatever law is on the books. If you don't believe it, look at every other state with ridiculous gun laws.
    Any vote for a third party is a vote for a Democrat. You are the enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoder View Post
    The only signatures that even matter in the slightest are the signatures of all the law enforcement officers. Most will not give two shits about a piece of paper and will enforce whatever law is on the books. If you don't believe it, look at every other state with ridiculous gun laws.
    Bingo. We see cops, almost everyday, murdering citizens because of red flag laws and other such infringements. Just doing their jobs.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

(Northampton County)

I smell PORK!!!! In this thread.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by nashorn View Post
    I smell PORK!!!! In this thread.
    That seems a rather vague and passive-aggressive response...

(Northampton County)

Run BAMBI RUN!!!!!!!!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast