Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: State License & Obtaining a license to carry a firearm

Quote Originally Posted by birdwooddog View Post
    At a minimum, insurance fraud and tax fraud.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pag23 View Post
    Yep...
    What are we - the cops? He asked a question obviously seeking to exercise his 2A rights while employed in an anti-gun state. Isn't our community primarily focused on promoting the right to keep and bear arms rather than figuring out which NY state employment law someone may be breaking?

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by jthrelf View Post
    What are we - the cops? He asked a question obviously seeking to exercise his 2A rights while employed in an anti-gun state. Isn't our community primarily focused on promoting the right to keep and bear arms rather than figuring out which NY state employment law someone may be breaking?
    As law abiding citizens isn't our duty to point out when someone is violating the law? In addition, there is a forum rule about not promoting illegal behavior. By not pointing out the illegal behavior we are promoting it by default.

If he has taken up residence in PA, he is required to give up his out of state DL and get a PA one within, I believe, 60 days of taking up residence. In addition to that, he is required to have his vehicles registered in the state of PA. I'm not sure about NY law, but it wouldn't surprise me that his using his mother's address, not his actual residence is in violation, probably swearing falsely that the information he provided is true and accurate.

What about the FFL that may end up transferring a firearm to him under these dubious circumstances.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Lancaster County)

Wait ! Can't he claim to be a refugee from El Slavador and undocumented, get a drivers license from Philly, NY, NJ, CA and most other states and be GTG ? BooyaH !problem solved ! Dayum I'm smart some times !
    Cb Μολὼν λαβέ

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by jthrelf View Post
    I don't think anyone is acting like cops with their replies. Far from it. Just trying to keep him from breaking several laws, which may keep him from ever owning any guns again, much less getting a LTCF.

(Pike County)

I am no fan of residency requirements...but you took the job knowing the rules.

https://www1.nyc.gov/assets/doh/down...quirements.pdf

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Jmurphy1211 View Post
    I live in Wayne County, PA but I work in New York City my job there requires me to have a NY drivers license. How do I obtain a license to have and/or carry a firearm in PA? How would that work?
    Ok, to get a Resident LTCF you will need to provide either a PA DL or PA ID.
    You are not going to be able to "legally" keep a CDL in NY and obtain a PA DL or ID.
    As far as I know you can't get a non-resident PA LTCF without first having a NY permit to carry.
    I think the closest you are going to be able to legally get on this is to have your wife obtain her PA DL and LTCF so she can carry when out together or with the kids.

And streaker is right, what you are currently doing is a little illegal, you knew what was required when you took the job, now you've hit a limit on how far you can go playing the system and to go further is going to require you dig a much deeper hole for yourself.
    The Hostler

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123