Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default CCW in religious institutions and suggested training

Would appreciate thoughts and advice on good and effective CCW training within a religious institution setting. In searching the forum I found a few things from some years back, but nothing more recent. With the attack last year in PGH and realistically a few more recent ones the subject has come up. The place I attend has an armed guard now and is working on developing some general safety action plans but a few of us unofficially are trying to figure out options on how best to practice, train, role play, and the like in a worst case scenario. Now I'm not bad at taking out stationary paper squirrels, but will recognize that real life is a whole different ball game. Leadership isn't opposed to congregants carrying, but also is not interested in mobilizing any official group/team and the related costs, liabilities, and the like.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: CCW in religious institutions and suggested training

Momma don't let no CCW round here.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

(Berks County)

Can't provide any input on you question, but certainly inform the armed guard of your plans. If he sees several armed people coming in, that might go sideways.

(Berks County)

There is often self defense training available through local gun clubs. That would be a good place to start. If you search through USCCA, NRA and maybe US Law shield's web sites you will find some sessions around.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

The most vital training detail about a church would be which pew you choose to sit in relation to emergency exits....not for yourself if you're armed, but to send your family out of in a bad situation.

We sit near the front, 3rd row, right by an emergency-only exit door that goes right to the parking lot. A few quick steps and they're out while I decide if I need to stay and help or go with them. A shooter cannot access that door from outside, so they'd be coming in the main church entrance that enters the rear of the sanctuary.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot