Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Wayne County)

Default help guys!!.. G19 Gen5 magwell cutout problem while shooting.. am i the only one???

finally bought into the Gen 5 hype and picked one up today, what a difference without the finger groovers and i have to admit.. looks kinda nice with the bull nose slide

BUT I HAVE A PROBLEM!!

and yah, ive considered maybe its me and maybe ive been using the finger grooves without realizing the steady the gun and manage the recoil while shooting but its only with this new gen 5 im having this issue, no issues with my M&P's or Rugers that dont have grooves!!!

back to this gun, without the grooves i noticed almost immediately the magwell 1/2 moon cutout wants to eat my pinky!! wtf!!the gun wants to twist in my hand while shooting and have to regrip after several rds, i usually plink 115gr, but 147gr HP for HD and EDC, and after realizing a difference with the 115, i put the 147 in and its very noticable.. and NO, im not limp wristing or feather palming it..

am i the only one having this issue?

if not what did you guys do to remedy it?

im thinking of putting the gen 5 slide ( and relevant parts) on my gen 4 frame, who cares about the ambi slide release!!
    Last edited by ghost183; January 15th, 2020 at 08:38 PM.

(Berks County)

Default Re: help guys!!.. G19 Gen5 magwell cutout problem while shooting.. am i the only one?

Maybe some grip exercisers ? Father palm has 5 dead daughters? Yo I never heard of father palming but it sounds hilarious.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

Default Re: help guys!!.. G19 Gen5 magwell cutout problem while shooting.. am i the only one?

I visit the Glock Forum occasionally & I saw many complaints about it, starting when the Gen 5 19 was released. The new model Gen 5 19s are now coming through without the cutout.
    "It's hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
    Thomas Sowell

Quote Originally Posted by IronButt View Post
    I visit the Glock Forum occasionally & I saw many complaints about it, starting when the Gen 5 19 was released. The new model Gen 5 19s are now coming through without the cutout.

Correct they left it out on the G45 and all newly produced models are lacking it.
    As for throwing Gen 5 parts onto your Gen 4 frame I would verify compatibility before doing that since some parts may not be compatible at all.
    Last edited by Hodgie; January 15th, 2020 at 09:41 AM.

(Allegheny County)

You might want to try the Pearce Enhanced Grip Plate for the Gen 5

https://www.pearcegrip.com/Products/...EN%205/PG-G5BP
    Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

(Wayne County)

hehe..

edited my father/feather typo!!

thanks for replying fellas. im searching for options

i already swapped g5 upper to g4 lower, no issues just lost the ambi slide lock and had to swap the end cap

but what a shame

Quote Originally Posted by ghost183 View Post
    hehe..

edited my father/feather typo!!

thanks for replying fellas. im searching for options

i already swapped g5 upper to g4 lower, no issues just lost the ambi slide lock and had to swap the end cap

but what a shame
    To each his own I guess. I picked up a 19x from the classifieds here a couple years ago for a great price, and IMO the only real selling points on the Gen 5 were the elimination of those stupid finger grooves that managed to not fit anyone, and the slightly better trigger.
    "It's hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
    Thomas Sowell

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Orive 8 View Post

If I were to end up with a gen5 with the cutout, that's the route I'd take.

That said, I've literally never shot my gen4 19, so I doubt I'll get a gen5. I always seem to shoot my long slides and sub compacts and forget the midsize ones at home.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Orive 8 View Post

I bought a Gen5 G19 without really noticing the cutout and sure enough, first time I shot it, my pinky was in shreds. The Pearce adapters work well. But now the G19 is a standalone gun with 5 mags that don't work anywhere else. Annoying. I really like the gen5 trigger but am boycotting until the cutout is gone.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by dgg9 View Post
    Annoying. I really like the gen5 trigger but am boycotting until the cutout is gone.
    The "new" version of the Gen 5 (the one with the front slide serrations) does not have the front grip cut out.
    Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast