Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Threaded View

(Wayne County)

Default help guys!!.. G19 Gen5 magwell cutout problem while shooting.. am i the only one???

finally bought into the Gen 5 hype and picked one up today, what a difference without the finger groovers and i have to admit.. looks kinda nice with the bull nose slide

BUT I HAVE A PROBLEM!!

and yah, ive considered maybe its me and maybe ive been using the finger grooves without realizing the steady the gun and manage the recoil while shooting but its only with this new gen 5 im having this issue, no issues with my M&P's or Rugers that dont have grooves!!!

back to this gun, without the grooves i noticed almost immediately the magwell 1/2 moon cutout wants to eat my pinky!! wtf!!the gun wants to twist in my hand while shooting and have to regrip after several rds, i usually plink 115gr, but 147gr HP for HD and EDC, and after realizing a difference with the 115, i put the 147 in and its very noticable.. and NO, im not limp wristing or feather palming it..

am i the only one having this issue?

if not what did you guys do to remedy it?

im thinking of putting the gen 5 slide ( and relevant parts) on my gen 4 frame, who cares about the ambi slide release!!
    Last edited by ghost183; January 15th, 2020 at 08:38 PM.